New wood in New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wood in New Orleans

Anybody in New Orleans or close have a lead on some good wood?

Dont live there but you could check Craigslist, someone is always selling BBQ / Smoking / Firewood on there and seek out some local arborist to see what they have laying in the yard.. Many times they will sell it really cheap or just give it away to get it off there lot...
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Should be a lotta hickory and oak. I'd look for the oak, Southern hickory pretty strong. I'll ask me cousins what they usin. Be back.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

From me Cousin Randy in Sulfur,
        Pecan mostly. I have friends in Big Thicket over in Texas use red oak. Any hardwood really. Lots of Pecan available here too.
        Personally, I prefer fruit like Apple or cherry available in chip form at all the grocery stores. Starting to see hickory chunks too but I personally never used it yet. Mesquite is last on the list. Can get bitter if over used.
        Fig real good too, but harder to come by.
        There is a lot of pecan out that way, I like it a lot!
        Maybe 44BBQ can chime in.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I have oak now and trying to shy away from the hickory. Pecan is the next easiest.

Comment

Working...
          X