Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Would Like To Say I Kindly Disagree With This Report..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatoosh View Post

If you have food grade hydrogen peroxide available, it works great when used as a second spray after vinegar (actually the order doesn't matter - just don't mix them - spray one, then the other separately).
    Isn't most of the 3% stuff food (USP) grade?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Or, you could just thaw/ cool properly and never worry about that bullshit. If you cook to correct temps then all is good.
      sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
        I'm a rinser, and a cleaner of the sink and surrounding counter area afterwards with Clorox wipes... I go thru a ton of them... and disposable gloves.
        me & Louie as well...normally on a monday she wipes all counters down with straight ammonia...i like it! dishwsher is run wfo on clean & heat!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
          but a quick rinse under running water to get bone fragments and stuff off.
          I think Mark hit on something.

I rinse all my poultry and as I do, I inspect it. Broken bones, bone fragments a left over feather or two now and again.

But that just me
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

I have run a bone chip er two into my gums before. I wash and inspect them as well. Typically use my laundry sink as there's no cookware or much of anything around. Easy to clean as well.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Rather than rinse under running water I simply make up a sink of water and put the chicken in for a brief soak while I wash off then remove

Comment

Uh oh, how did we ever live this long? I ate dirt when I was a kid, ran with scissors, played with fire, had a BB gun (and still have both eyes), and still rinse chicken out of the grocery package (rinse, not a full on power wash).

Ok, did anybody else note the video started off with the claim about "minority groups having problems with washing chicken". WTF????? So is somebody else's chicken different from mine, ours, and yours if we are not a "minority"? Just what are they implying? And I loved the comic book. I guess they figure some people need to look at the pictures to get the message. Maybe I'm just an old cranky bastard, but I felt that entire program was a waste of money and somewhat degrading in the way the message was delivered.
                Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

I'm going back to bed...Chickens are obviously dangerous animals...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                    I think Mark hit on something.

I rinse all my poultry and as I do, I inspect it. Broken bones, bone fragments a left over feather or two now and again.

But that just me
                    Yup, not to be "fowl" or anything, butt you gotta inspect your meat!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Isn't most of the 3% stuff food (USP) grade?
                      I don't think they are. Hydrogen peroxide is fairly unstable meaning it is not really shelf stable. They handle that by introducing small amounts of chemicals to add stability to the stuff you normally see at the Pharmacy. And for some reason that boggles my mind, it does not have to show up on the MSDS.

"Really!?!" I thought to myself. So I went contacted an forum that is dedicated to meeting safety specs in food and other areas on a commercial basis. Some pretty educated folks and some deep into the commercial and government regulation fields. Big surprise! Not food grade. Since they make their living toeing the line and writing the line we all are supposed to toe, they were adamant about not using off the shelf Hydrogen Peroxide for food that will be consumed unless, of course, it is specifically labeled as Food Grade.
                      If bacon isn't the answer, you asked the wrong question.
                      Located conveniently a tad South of Vancouver BC but still in the USA
                      Ex-Expat (Philippines)

Comment

They serve chicken sushi in Japan. I think pork sushi also.

dcarch

Comment

I'm in the "Rinse My Fowl" group to avoid Foul Fowl !!

Also rinse many other meats after unwrapping.

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                          X