Passed on the KBB Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed on the KBB Sale

Went to Home Depot last night with the intent to pick up a few 2 packs of KBB, just couldnt do it, smoke out of the drum just smells like an old coal furnace... Ended up spending more and got 2 15 lb bags of RO lump for 12 a bag. First time trying it and so far its all good. Smells is great coming from the UDS, but the biggest difference is in temp control. With KBB I always had 1 3/4 pipe open plus the ball valve over half open to get 225 to 250. With the RO Lump just the ball valve at 3/4 and cruising at 230

Yep, yep and yep.

KBB is not a good choice in a UDS in my humble opinion. Smells awful as it is lighting.

Kingsford Competition is good in the UDS. I used that for awhile until I was able to find RO lump. Now that's all I use on long cooks in the drum.

I think you'll be very happy with it. Better temps, smells and a LOT less ash than KBB.
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I agree. Lump charcoal only. Worth the extra pennies for longer, more efficient cook. But, to each, their own.
      sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I'm a Royal Oak man myself. With a new Walmart ~5 miles away it's too easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Originally posted by Bama BBQ View Post
          I'm a Royal Oak man myself. With a new Walmart ~5 miles away it's too easy.

Well, I am a Dapper Dan man myself..... Sorry I was thinking hair gel

I use KBB for grilling that's it. It smells like chemical warfare when i tried to use it in the UDS.
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Passed on the KBB Sale

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
            Well, I am a Dapper Dan man myself..... Sorry I was thinking hair gel

LOL. I was thinking the same thing when I typed that. I LOVE that movie and the music in it.

~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Working...
            X