First time smoker wsm initial temp high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rx88 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice helped out a lot I have a hole in my water pan any ideas on replacement? You think I should be fine using a stainless bowl that's 14.5 inches they have a big stainless dogbowl I think would work
    I use stainless steel bowls from a local kitchen supply store. They work great. Butt, if you stop using water and do the aluminum foil trick I mentioned earlier, no leaks, no issue.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Rx88 View Post
      Thanks for all the advice helped out a lot I have a hole in my water pan any ideas on replacement? You think I should be fine using a stainless bowl that's 14.5 inches they have a big stainless dogbowl I think would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      How old is the WSM? It may be under warranty.

If not, I have the older style (2005 model) and the brinkmann charcoal pan fits perfect and holds more water than my old style. I think the newer Weber water pans are deeper so it may not hold more than the current style, but it should fit. The brinkmann part number is 114-0002-0. It is 15 1/16" in diameter.
      Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Originally posted by dward51 View Post
        How old is the WSM? It may be under warranty.

If not, I have the older style (2005 model) and the brinkmann charcoal pan fits perfect and holds more water than my old style. I think the newer Weber water pans are deeper so it may not hold more than the current style, but it should fit. The brinkmann part number is 114-0002-0. It is 15 1/16" in diameter.

I just got it used it's pre 2008 I know that because of the shallow water pan and no thermometer on the lid.

Some of the guys here suggested to try to put sand or lava rocks and aluminum foil in instead of water so I'm going to try that first before I get a new pan. I've seen the brinkman pans online but at a higher price than the new Weber ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X