Great gas grill for a great price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great gas grill for a great price.

So I like to keep a gas grill around for the wife and I like the convenience as well. The thing is when it comes to gassers you have to make a choice. You either spend a lot of coin and get a Weber, Napoleon etc and have it last ten years or you get a lesser model that you will have to replace every two years or so. I came up with something in between that works very well for us.

What we wanted was enough space for a lot of food when needed, decent quality and ease of use.* First for the space part. That sounds easy but with most gassers you have to leave a chunk of your space free so that you have a place to retreat to when you have the inevitable grease fire flare up thing going on. Infrared solves that problem but a decent sized one can be pricey and the jury is still out on quality. Ease of use is an issue as well. Not the actual cooking but the maintenance. The emitter is usually a fine grid of thin metal that requires cleaning to do its jobs efficiently. From what I see that can be a bit of a pain. What I came up with thanks to Rob's review was this.

What you are looking at are two Char Broil Patio Bistro infrared grills. I converted them from the small bottle propane tanks using adapters I got at Lowes for about 25 dollars total. I used a T adapter for the tank and bang. Four hundred and eighty square inches of totally usable grill estate. Two zone heating due to the separate grills. The grills get hot quickly as Rob mentions in his YouTube video. They are also very efficient as they sip propane. They should be excellent for pizza. I'll post up when I try that out. Steaks are easy. Everything you cook gets surrounded by it's own juices vaporized by the heat diffuser located a few inches below the grate. The grate/emitters are stainless steel of a decent thickness. They should last for a good while. I have the grills sitting on a six foot table. That leaves plenty of space to work on. I've included a pic of the T valve and what it looks like with the cover on. I got these for 79 dollars a piece on HSN during a flash sale. I was researching something else and saw the alert for these on the side bar of the page. They normally list for almost twice that . The adapter hoses were 12 dollars each at Lowe's and the T valve was about 8 dollars shipped using Amazon prime. I'm under 230 dollars including the cover. I'm pretty happy with the way the set up has performed. Cut me some slack on any typos. I did this entire post on my phone. Also. Forgive the deck. It's about to get an over haul lol!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Weber Smoky Joe
    18" Weber Silver
    22.5" Weber Gold
    22.5" Weber Silver
    UDS X 2
    Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
    Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
    Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
    Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
    Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
    Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
    Blackstone three burner flat top
    5" AMZNPS
    Vortex x 2
    Maverick ET 73
    Maverick ET 732
    Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
    Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
    Pitmaster iQue 110
    sigpic

Looks like a great setup and a really good price
    Jim

Comment

i like that gig! they a temp holder...at Talladega...dude had one tailgating...cussing it...he was...man...this is busting my nutz...Louie...help him...brand new...flame on wide open...get back in that cornhole game...aight...nicely right...burgers/brats/chicken...relax..hardest first...then next...can ya help...sure...Louie was michael...itz me brain...he gave Lou a bottle of wine worth near 200 bux...ya never no...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nice setup...Very well thought out...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Nice set up Vern! I wish I would have seen this T-valve set up before buying another tank

Lotta cooking space and 2 zones if needed.

On edit: I have to be honest. I ordered one, and sent it back. Hope yours work out awesome Vern
          Last edited by Fishawn; 07-28-2017, 12:24 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Where did the T valve come from?? I been lookin!

Nice setup, Me likey it!
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              Where did the T valve come from?? I been lookin!

Nice setup, Me likey it!
              https://www.amazon.com/DozyAnt-Y-Spl...34CSBMSM5TTBW9
              Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Great gas grill for a great price.

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                i like that gig! they a temp holder...at Talladega...dude had one tailgating...cussing it...he was...man...this is busting my nutz...Louie...help him...brand new...flame on wide open ,
                he gave Lou a bottle of wine worth near 200 bux...ya never no...

Good you straightened him out. I rarely run these with the gas past slightly open as the heat gets intense in a hurry. Burgers and dogs at like 2. Great grill marks and the dogs are done in like five minutes. These are excellent for searing, I mean excellent. Wide open with the lid down pegs the cheap dial gauge in no time. I'm thinking well over 800 degrees but I can't verify.

I'm posting from a mobile device so I am skipping the multi quote but I'd still like to address a few of the posts in the thread so I'll do it here.

As noted the valve is easily sourced on Amazon and they are fairly inexpensive.

Shawn, I can vouch for these. I've owned the big brother version (big easy three way) for a few years and it convinced me that infrared is the way to go with gas. It kind of sucks as a smoker though. Wingman's YouTube video pushed me over the edge as far as the patio version is concerned.

I bought a four pack of the small bottles. The obvious tailgate benefit is there . The added benefit is that I have a back up if the big tank runs out. Especially if I am not home. Mrs Bee can just pop one of those on and not worry about fussing with the valves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Weber Smoky Joe
                18" Weber Silver
                22.5" Weber Gold
                22.5" Weber Silver
                UDS X 2
                Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros