Needle valve install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle valve install

I've seen people mentioning installing a needle valve to better control the temps out of a propane smoker. I bought one on Amazon but now I can't figure out how to install it. Can anybody shed some light on this? I did a search and cannot find an answer...

It is mounted between the regulator and the valve on the smoker. Run the smoker valve wide open and control flow with the 10 turn valve.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. I have been playing around with different pressures, valves and burners to get the "perfect" setup.

What I have found if you want lower temps reduce the size of he burner.

If you reduce the flame on the burner too much you HIGHLY risk blowing out with the slightest of breeze or closing the door.

This situation has been known to cause problems, especially if you are smoking a cigarette when you open the door.....

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice. I've seen some people say to "cut out" the regulator. That didn't sound right...

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoblack51 View Post
        Thank you very much for the advice. I've seen some people say to "cut out" the regulator. That didn't sound right...

NO!!!!!, Do not do that.. The regulator is your safe valve for blowing your ass up... The needle valve IF used correctly is a fine tuning device..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

jus seen a skeematic on here:

http://www.meatsandsausages.com/smok...kehouse-burner

~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
          ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Okay I am going to try installing it right before the temp valve. It looks like it will thread right in.

Comment

Working...
            X