No announcement yet.

Grandma's Southern Peas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's real home cooking and using G-ma's recipe is the best part. Love these kind of post's Thanks for sharing. With the cooler weather this will be a great meal soon. for sharing a family recipe...
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Comment

Originally posted by BIGGLOPEZ View Post
      Now that's real home cooking and using G-ma's recipe is the best part. Love these kind of post's Thanks for sharing. With the cooler weather this will be a great meal soon. for sharing a family recipe...
      Thank You Sir
      Jim

Comment

Great post!!! I almost didn't click in because I am not a "pea" fan but thought I could get a new idea. HOLY!! That ain't no pea cook!!! I can't wait to try this out!!
        Where to Shop -
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
        https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Originally posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
          Great post!!! I almost didn't click in because I am not a "pea" fan but thought I could get a new idea. HOLY!! That ain't no pea cook!!! I can't wait to try this out!!
          Thank you
          Tweak it to make it your own and enjoy.
          Jim

Comment

Oh my Gawwwwd! I've been looking for a good bean recipe, and look at what I've stumbled upon! It was good originally, but 3hrs over Pecan smoke AND thickened takes it to another level!

If that wasn't enough, you really messed me up with the Buttered Cornbread Bottom! #imdone #dropsthemic #thumbsup

Comment

Originally posted by eccj View Post
              Oh my Gawwwwd! I've been looking for a good bean recipe, and look at what I've stumbled upon! It was good originally, but 3hrs over Pecan smoke AND thickened takes it to another level!

If that wasn't enough, you really messed me up with the Buttered Cornbread Bottom! #imdone #dropsthemic #thumbsup
              Thank You
              Jim

Comment

Let me show you what I'm doing right now. About to soak some beans!

Comment

Glad this got bumped!!! First I saw it !!

Looks Awesome, Jim!!-------------

Mighty Tasty!!

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                    Glad this got bumped!!! First I saw it !!

Looks Awesome, Jim!!-------------

Mighty Tasty!!

Bear
                    Thank You Sir
                    Jim

Comment

Wow, I too almost did not look as I thought it's just peas. This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                        Wow, I too almost did not look as I thought it's just peas. This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.
                        Thank You Sir
                        Jim

Comment

Missed this the last go around. This is the kind of dish that I can over do it on (eat way too much).
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                            Missed this the last go around. This is the kind of dish that I can over do it on (eat way too much).
                            Thanks

I over do it every time I make this and will over do it again on New Years Day.
                            Jim

Comment

Bumping this thread as a reminder to me that New Years Day is almost here and I am looking forward to trying this!!
                              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bumping this for New Years

I'll be cooking a big pot of these.
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X