No announcement yet.

Magic Dust is a Must!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I have everything on hand. I'll whip some up! Can't have too many rubs on the shelf. Thanks for the recipe Phil.
    Keith

Comment

I use it on almost everything. The recipe is a bit light on the cayenne, but I fixed that!
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

just made it, and it tastes great! added a bit to some mayo and a bit of maple syrup and it makes a great dipping sauce.

Comment

This has become my favorite seasoning. I need to make my third batch since first posting. I've got several others hooked on it too. Gave them the recipe and told them to make their own.

Mix it with mayo and try it on sammies once. Have to try it on a rack of ribs, and I like the dipping sauce idea.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

I used it on my ribs this weekend and must say it is a good rub. I might try making it with brown sugar instead of regular sugar. Tasting it after I made it I had to add salt almost making the salt and sugar content equal if I remember right.

My mother who isn't a fan of spicy foods enjoyed the ribs made with this rub. Had just enough burn and alot of flavor.
            "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
            PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

made some the other day and rubbed it into some pork chops and bbqed, really nice flavour, not as hot as i thought it would be but suited me fine, thankyou.

Comment

Haven't checked this thread in awhile... glad you all enjoyed the dust!

I recently went camping with my grandson and son-in-law, and I made up a batch of MD to take with us. It was the only seasoning we brought with us (forgot the salt and pepper), and let me tell ya', it was good on EVERYTHING! My SIL installed it in the scrambled eggs one morning... it was awesome!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Interesting... it's not too far off of my rub. About 3 ingredients and a bit of proportion. Sounds like a great G.P. rub for sure.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    Interesting... it's not too far off of my rub. About 3 ingredients and a bit of proportion. Sounds like a great G.P. rub for sure.
                    I'll tell ya' Rich, it's a hit straight out of the chute with no tweaks...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I made a batch a few weeks back and put some in a small shaker bottle. I take it out to the garden with me and put it on cukes, cherry and regular maters. I really like it. Thanks Hawg.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                        I made a batch a few weeks back and put some in a small shaker bottle. I take it out to the garden with me and put it on cukes, cherry and regular maters. I really like it. Thanks Hawg.
                        Yer very welcome!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I just made some of this today and it tastes really good. I put a little in my bloody mary and it gave it a nice kick. Tomorrow I plan on grilling some burgers and I was wondering if I should mix it in with the beef or sprinkle some on after they’re grilled? I was thinking the sugar might not do well with the high heat.
                          I watched moist chunks of hand-chopped pig fall from my overstuffed sandwich as I thanked God for North Carolina. ~ Chris Lilly

Comment

Originally posted by holysmokeNC View Post
                            I just made some of this today and it tastes really good. I put a little in my bloody mary and it gave it a nice kick. Tomorrow I plan on grilling some burgers and I was wondering if I should mix it in with the beef or sprinkle some on after they’re grilled? I was thinking the sugar might not do well with the high heat.
                            Seems to work better if sprinkled on after cooking. Just my 2 cents.
                            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                            New Braunfels Bandera
                            UniFlame Gas Grill
                            Lil Chief

Comment

It wouldnt hurt to add some to the meat, most of it would be internal and wouldn't burn. And then add some when they are done cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                                Yeah, it's a great book... I found my copy on Amazon for $4.00 used, which made it even better! :D
                                Hawg you stole my thunder. After reading your post I went to Amazon found one for $10 free shipping. I thought I did great, you scored big time. I'm still very happy with price. I just got it tonight but looks like a great book with lots of things to make. P.S. Mine looks brand new but my dog really likes to smell it so I guess it really has been used.

Comment

Working...
                                X