Packer Brats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packer Brats

Anyone know the recipe for Wisconsin Packer Brats? Mainly the amount of Chedder Cheese and Green Peppers for 10 lbs of Brats. Or a whole recipe would also be good. Thank you.

Far as I knew, Packer brats were just your normal brat simmered in kraut juice and beer with onions and then grilled til brown. The brats you're talking about, I thought were a specialty at Glenn's Market and kind of exclusive. But I'm not from there, so I only know what I've heard, truck driving through there many moons ago.

Tom

Comment

I have never seen a brat with cheese and peppers inside. Same as gunny, I have had brats from Elkart Lake June sprints to Lacrosse October fest. Most are boiled in beer then grilled. Some grill first then simmer in beer. Onions, bell peppers, kraut and mustard are the options for toppings.

Cheddar cheese curds may be an option to add to the grind....but they never make it all the way home for that project.......

Comment

I've put high temp cheddar in my brats before. It's good. I'm kinda likin' the idea of sweet red peppers though.
        I'll tell what's real good, but definitely off subject. Bratwurst snack sticks. I think there is a thread somewhere around here too. http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18301

Tom

Comment

When I make Jalapeno Cheese brats I use 1 cup of dried peppers and 1lb of pepper jack high temp cheese and use 8 lbs. of pork butt. Just enough heat to be good. I get it all from Butcher-Packer supply best prices I can find and good advice.
          Hope this helps!
          Guns Don't kill People,
          Husbands That Come Home Early Do!

Comment

Working...
          X