No announcement yet.

Photobucket.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My picture links are broken too. BASTARDS!!!

Twitter users are ripping PB a new one. There are a LOT of pissed off users out there. Curious to see how this shakes out.
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

They got me too.

Tom

Comment

Yup, my stuff is gone now too. No way in hell I'm paying them $400/year. Good bye PB.
        Bored Guy Blog

Comment

I have my own website thru GoDaddy. Cheap. I established a folder in the background to store pics. Done.
          Last edited by HawgHeaven; 07-01-2017, 08:35 AM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I would think in order to stay in business, it would be wiser to charge everybody a small enough amount to get them to stay, than to demand $400 per year & have them ALL leave.

But then what do I know---I'm just a Dumb Bear.

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I have never understood hosting images off-site on websites. I do use Flickr for a couple but have very few hosted there. Sooner or later I suspect other "free" hosting to go away or be heavily subsidized by ads. Just the new world I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                I got nuthin’ and all my content is still there?
                Rich, make a directory behind your website and put your pix in there. I've been doing it for years!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Photobucket just committed corporate suicide.

I would imagine this change was to collect more revenue, but all it will do in the end is cause users to abandon photobucket for other options. Fortunately I have every image I've uploaded archived on 2 external drives. But that does nothing for the posts in forums.

I see a lawsuit coming based on their taking hostage photos which were linked on 3rd party sites BEFORE that policy change. I can see the argument (stupid as it may be) for any future uploading or linking, but I would bet there will be push back on luring people to use the site and even providing tools to make it one click easy to share and embed links in BB forums and then extorting money to keep your photos linked.

Either way I see this as the demise of PB.
                  Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Originally posted by dward51 View Post
                    Photobucket just committed corporate suicide.

I would imagine this change was to collect more revenue, but all it will do in the end is cause users to abandon photobucket for other options. Fortunately I have every image I've uploaded archived on 2 external drives. But that does nothing for the posts in forums.

I see a lawsuit coming based on their taking hostage photos which were linked on 3rd party sites BEFORE that policy change. I can see the argument (stupid as it may be) for any future uploading or linking, but I would bet there will be push back on luring people to use the site and even providing tools to make it one click easy to share and embed links in BB forums and then extorting money to keep your photos linked.

Either way I see this as the demise of PB.
                    Yup. X2! /\

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Time will tell...
                      They have backed themselves into a corner it seems to me...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

I don know, so far PB is not messing with me. No notices, pics still there??
                        It is a royal PITAzz to use, way past time to move on. I'll wait and see, no way I am re-posting all of that. Strange they not messing with me......YET.

I do have all the pics on me puter sooooo......
                        Last edited by Mark R; 07-01-2017, 10:21 AM.
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I just dropped by Photobucket....

The only thing that completely loaded was the popup ads and i hit refresh twice.

Karma baby Karma
                          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Reading some more about this in other places, it seems that if anyone has a current pay account, they are fine until renewal. Then, welcome to the $400 club.

Yesterday, I went and down loaded all of my content back to my PC in the form of a zip file. Everything seems to be there.

I went back to try and login to my account this morning and I can't get in nor will their pages even load correctly. I suspect they site is getting slammed for a number of reasons.

Can't wait to see how they try and get themselves out of this mess.

P.S. this seems to be a rolling implementation meaning if they haven't gotten to your free account yet, they are working on it.
                            Pete
                            Large BGE
                            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Now WTF....

I tried to log on and they started importing my Facebook Albums

Good golly miss molly.

What a mess
                              Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

i ain't sayin' shit........don't want to jinx anything......
                                sigpic
                                it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Working...
                                X