Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Tell Us A Little About Yourself & The Type Of Smoker You Are Using.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Building retort
Last Post: babyshaq270
Posted On: 10-18-2017
Replies: 10
Views: 87
0 Looking to get my 1st Smoker
Last Post: crusty ol salt
Replies: 2
Views: 15
0 Smoked meat loaf
Last Post: THE ICEMAN
Replies: 13
Views: 123
0 Steak Fajitas
Last Post: Spivitz
Replies: 0
Views: 24
0 Best Recipe i have found for English/Irish style bangers
Last Post: jwbtulsa
Replies: 6
Views: 74
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,372 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,726 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 640,456 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 08-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Sharing-Great-Recipes

johnny delish Is Just Starting Out
Default New guy. First Turkey!

Howdy all! I smoked my first Turkey and it came out far better than I expected. I'm still in my first year and have been learning the basics from websites and from experience.

I captured the recipe and process on Grubnosh recipes, although I know it can be more detailed.
I'd love your thoughts.

I'll continue to add more recipes as they evolve.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all!

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170401_172833.jpg (43.5 KB, 47 views)

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Pit Master

PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All
PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All

looks great! congrats on the successful smoke
Old 08-09-2017, 01:56 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Wow! Nice color! Looks great!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 08-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Rub Mixer

Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All
Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All

From a little west of ya. Nice looking bird. That things a monsta!

Smoke Vault 24
Vermont Castings Grill
Thermoworks Smoke
Old 08-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Padre

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Welcome aboard, glad you dropped in

Nice looking bird you got there
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
Chargriller SnP well modified
one ugly ass drum smoker
New Braunfels Bandera in dry dock for a service life extension overhaul

and

saving for a trailer mounted 60" reverse flow for my christmas present
Old 08-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny delish View Post
Howdy all! I smoked my first Turkey and it came out far better than I expected. I'm still in my first year and have been learning the basics from websites and from experience.

I captured the recipe and process on Grubnosh recipes, although I know it can be more detailed.
I'd love your thoughts.

I'll continue to add more recipes as they evolve.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all!

J
Looks good but overcooked IMO, I looked at your instructions an there was no need to take it up to 180 when safe poultry cooking temp is 165.. Just my opinion and hope you take it as such, Keep up the smokes and looks like you have a great Blog / Site working for you..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 08-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

You're off to a good start!.....gotta agree with Ken though that you don't need to take the internal so high.

However, you did good as I'd rather go a little over than not far enough with poultry.

This is by far my favorite way to do a turkey. You don't need to follow all of it but there are some good lessons in there such as icing the breasts for example.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturke...maxturkey2.htm
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 08-09-2017, 07:49 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

To Smoked-Meat...

Bird looks purty from here...
I agree with Ken...180 is too far...
I agree with Pete...Better to not undercook it...
Old 08-10-2017, 07:59 AM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

from Utah
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 08-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

from just across the river.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 08-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Sharing-Great-Recipes

johnny delish Is Just Starting Out

Thanks Ken!! I'll try to use a lower temp next go 'round. The bird still came out super moist even at 180+ possibly from foiling at 160 and letting it sit?

I appreciate the insight much, homie!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Been at it a while

Cowboy Bill Knows How To Mop The MeatCowboy Bill Knows How To Mop The Meat

WOW that's looking good.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

that gig will get it done!

Old 08-14-2017, 12:06 PM
Fire Starter

70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master

Welcome from a transplanted Philadelphian.Nice looking bird.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:27 PM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Nice color on that turkey! from Kentucky!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 08-14-2017, 02:29 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

You are just up I-95 from me... I'm in Newark, DE. We got some folks in the NJ, PA area close by. Maybe we could get a gathering together somewhere. Just a thought.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 08-14-2017, 09:36 PM
Rub Mixer

Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All
Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All

I'm less than 2 hrs. I'm game. There has been some good stuff posted from this area for sure.

Smoke Vault 24
Vermont Castings Grill
Thermoworks Smoke
Old 08-17-2017, 01:07 PM
This Space: FOR RENT

THUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

looks good...
done about a zillion back in my big chief days...
still havent done a Yoder turkey,,, thanks for reminding me...

if you want to learn from websites look no further...
Old 08-21-2017, 01:14 PM
Tailgater

HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All

Now that bird looks perfectly done...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > New Member Introductions

Tags
recipe, smoked turkey, weber