Pork butt at 205 degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork butt at 205 degrees

My pork is done and I need to keep it warm for another 2-3hrs but don't want to overlook what to do????

Wrap it in foil...then wrap it in towels...then put it into an ice chest and close the lid...It will stay hot for hours...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome thank you. This is my first smoker and my first attempt. Thing smells and looks amazing!!

Comment

Yup. Faux cambro is the way to go. Any insulated container will work. Like he said, foil the meat, set it in a pan to contain leaks. Fill the air space with towels or whatever. Meat will stay hot for hours. Moisture will have time to redistribute, and you will have a moist, tender meat.
        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

you are just about perfect... 2-3 hour rest time is wonderful, I try to get that or more! I promise is will still be burn your fingers hot when you go to pull that bad boy!! Get us some pics please!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
            Yup. Faux cambro is the way to go. Any insulated container will work. Like he said, foil the meat, set it in a pan to contain leaks. Fill the air space with towels or whatever. Meat will stay hot for hours. Moisture will have time to redistribute, and you will have a moist, tender meat.
            Key, and you will have some mighty fine smelling towels afterward...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
            X