2012 Lake Trout Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a good time!
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

So the Big one got away!!
      I know exactly how you feel about that---Get him next time!!!

The one that didn't get away ain't no slouch either!!!!

Here's some-------for a Great post and a Beautiful Laker!!!! (Backordered again!!)

Thanks Erain!!

Bear
      Last edited by Bearcarver; 02-06-2012, 06:08 PM.
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Awesome Erain! that first one is a monster. Glad ya had a good time,
        sigpic

Comment

SDefiatley looks like a lot of fun,nice job
          2-22.5'' weber
          1-18'' weber
          1 smokey joe
          22.5'' wsm
          24'' smoke vault
          1-outhouse
          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

I am envious! i love to fish but the lakes that freeze over thick enough to fish on are closed in the winter. every so often if the weather and temps are good you can catch some ice fishing but never enough to get into it like you northerners. great fish and i do believe about the lost fish had several myself. once had a one armed man hold up his hands to show me how big the one was he lost was,I had a hard time believing him!
            sigpic
            Brown Trout Wickiup Reservoir, beautiful Central Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              You guys are nuts!!!!!
              give me one shot, and i have you right along with us buddy!

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
              Looks like fun. That country looks exactly like where we use to go up in Canada fishing each year for big Pike. We fished around the Atikokan, Ontario area but quit going up there because the locals were never very happy with us fishing or staying around there for some reason.
              bought some of our bait in Atikokan, over the years have had nothing but great treatment from the folks there. remember a time a guy kept his resto open just to feed us, or locals giving us there secret fishing spots(never have tried any yet...) so cant say i had the same expierience.

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
              OMG, that trout is huge!! Beautiful country and pictures. I just can't imagine ice fishing...something about being on top of frozen water scares me especially ice with water on top! I would freak out with every crack I heard.

like Fish, i could make a convert of you... just imagine driving a 1 ton pickup out 12 miles on LOTW, and there a thousand other vehicles out there. then drill a shitload of holes in the ice...

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
              'too big to get through the hole in the ice'

I believe you - nobody else would

the one that did fit looks pretty good though
              be surprised what you could pull thru... i am sure if i coulda got his head up eventually it woulda came thru...

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
              Are you guys using rods or just tip ups going hand over hand?
              generally we jig one line using a big tube jig like for muskies... and then a tip up... i think the jig draws them in but they prefer the live bait it seems. but hook one on a rod is a whole expierience in itself. hardest fighting fish i know of. either way they are a challange.
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                like Fish, i could make a convert of you...
                I'm sure! I know it's fun but it's just hard to imagine. But this would definitely get me out there and probably Fish, too!

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=us/2012/01/24/dnt-frozen-lake-bar.kvrr" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=us/2012/01/24/dnt-frozen-lake-bar.kvrr" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

Sorry...don't mean to high jack.
                Last edited by sweet_magnolia; 02-07-2012, 02:48 PM.
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                  I'm sure! I know it's fun but it's just hard to imagine. But this would definitely get me out there and probably Fish, too!

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep" height="374" width="416">

<embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=us/2012/01/24/dnt-frozen-lake-bar.kvrr" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" height="374" width="416"></object>

Sorry...don't mean to high jack.
                  That's just right down the road from me.
                  Propane Smoke Shack
                  UDS
                  Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X