Masterbuilt propane smoker problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masterbuilt propane smoker problem

Hay guys I tried using this master built smoker did some wings used some hickory wood chips but the meat had no smoke flavor need help ASAP . Thanks uploadfromtaptalk1459526947280.jpg

Hmm, temps you cooked at? Wings are usually at 325 to 350 and only take 45 min. Not a lot of smoke time there. Did the chips smoke well? Try cherry and apple on the wings, it's the best for chicken.

Comment

Yeah not much time to develop a deep smoke. Maybe look into a A-Mazin smoker and get an hour on them cool..THEN off to the hot finish...

http://www.amazenproducts.com
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

MES will only go to 275 not the best application for wings, should be smoking OK though ?? As Rich said I think the Amazin smoke tube works the best I don't bother using the chip tray in mine anymore
        Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
        Weber 22.5" WSM
        Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
        Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
        Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
        Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
        Weber Smokey Joe
        GMG Daniel Boone
        Pit Barrel Cooker
        Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
        6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
        Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
        The Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
          MES will only go to 275 not the best application for wings, should be smoking OK though ?? As Rich said I think the Amazin smoke tube works the best I don't bother using the chip tray in mine anymore
          I tried some more wings and I used two of my cherry logs that I use in my UDS smoker I placed one in the pan and one directly over the flame and same thing no smoke flavor and smoke came billowing out when in my UDS you can taste the smoke to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
            Not an MES . . . Masterbuilt Propane Smoker

Originally posted by babyshaq270 View Post
            I tried some more wings and I used two of my cherry logs that I use in my UDS smoker I placed one in the pan and one directly over the flame and same thing no smoke flavor and smoke came billowing out when in my UDS you can taste the smoke to the bone.
            UDS is burning charcoal. That is going to contribute to the smoke flavor all by itself. Don't know that it's realistic to expect the same results with a gas burner and smoke wood/chips with such a quick cook.
            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
            -
            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
              Not an MES . . . Masterbuilt Propane Smoker

UDS is burning charcoal. That is going to contribute to the smoke flavor all by itself. Don't know that it's realistic to expect the same results with a gas burner and smoke wood/chips with such a quick cook.
              Hmmmm ok well I didnt expect the the same flavor that I get from my UDS but at least some smoke flavor the meat taste like it was baked in an oven. I will try other meats and see .

Comment

find your air issue...look at your flame...should be blue...
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

You are not going to get "smoke" by putting twigs directly on top of the flame.

A cast iron pan with dry sawdust on top of the burner may help.

Thin and blue is what you are after, it does not matter what type of smoker or fuel type.

Run the smoker with out any food and play around with flame height and saw dust, pellets, tin can with a chunk,

Comment

Yea, I wonder how much smoke was made before.

"smoke came billowing out when in my UDS you can taste the smoke to the bone."

Billowing out isn't smoke, it's creosote all over the meat.

Comment

I use wood chips in a cast iron skillet sitting on the burner. Haven't cooked wings but I have done several chickens. They had a nice smoky flavor to them.

Comment

When I cook wings I am not worried about smoke flavor...But that's just me...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X