Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 08-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Meat Mopper

Location: Originally from Dublin,Ireland but now transplanted in Barrie,Ontario
Ronan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher
Default Thermopro TP-20

I really am starting to love the thermopro line of thermometers.They are cheaper and in my opinion better than the mavericks.This one i got has dual meat probes which is a cool feature,it also can be used to read the pit temps.

If you are in the market for a new thermometer i would highly recommend.

https://itronicsmall.com/products/thermopro-tp-20

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

Prices are pretty good.
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 08-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

I was looking at them on Amazon, good to know someone is using them with good results.
P.S. the are a bit less on Amazon too.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 08-03-2017, 07:28 AM
This Space: FOR RENT

THUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

thank for posting...
Old 08-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

I may buy one just to have. Never seen a 5 year warranty. I think Maverick is 90 days and had to beg for replacement for a bad screen.

Replacement Probes are reasonable as well.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:39 PM
Fire Starter

emuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To All
emuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To Allemuleman Is  A Name Known To All

My wife just got me that exact one yesterday for my birthday. I haven't used it yet, but glad to hear someone has, and with good results.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Meat Mopper

Location: Originally from Dublin,Ireland but now transplanted in Barrie,Ontario
Ronan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherRonan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

I think they are great.I also have the TP-08
Old 08-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Fire Starter

R.C. Knows How To Mop The Meat

TP-08 for a few years, not one problem. I run two meat probes on mine. I have PID control for temp.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Fire Starter

a207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To All

I've posted in the past about really liking my TP-08 unit. Still like the unit itself, no issues. But these probes must be pretty cheap. Have gone through 2 BBQ probes and 1 meat probe in 8 months. I do not get them wet, only wash with a damp soapy cloth.

They sync fine and range is plenty good. But the probes are killing me. I contacted them again to see if they will replace them again. I hope they do but I really want something more reliable.

Does anyone have the TP-08 and a Thermoworks Smoke unit? The plugs look the same and it seems the Smoke probes are well built. Thinking about trying one.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

I have the old original Thermoworks unit (not wireless). After going through numerous probes on a few different units ( I used to buy them 6 at a time - some were even faulty out of the box). Once I switched to the K style probes I have not had one go out in years + you can buy different style probes for what you need. The probes are more expensive but for me they just work + reliable = value. IMO

Old 09-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

I must just be lucky on my Mavericks:

I bought the old cheapo ET-73 eight years ago. After 2 years, I demoted that one to basement Curing Fridge duty, because It couldn't see to my front porch from my recliner.
That one's been in my Fridge for those 6 years, and both probes are 8 years old & still good.

I have my first ET-732 for 6 years & only had to replace 1 Smoker probe. The meat probe is still the original.

My second ET-732 is 3 years old & both probes are the originals.

That's one bad probe in a combined 34 years of probe life.

Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > The Tool Crib

Tags
termopro, thermometer