No announcement yet.

Pepper jelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it simmering while I was getting the jars in the boiling water to sterilize..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
      I had it simmering while I was getting the jars in the boiling water to sterilize..
      Whew .... Thought I missed something. Thanks TH

Comment

for jam/jelly making we always heat our jars in the oven. bit easier than a water bath.

Mind you we tend to recyle our jars: ie anything we buy in a jar, the jar ends up washed and in the store cupboard for jams and preserves.
        Just means you need to keep the lids with the jars when you heat them :-)

Plus those fancy jars you lot use cost a fortune over here :-)
        good looking batch of jelly there ken, nice colour, what's the set like ?
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          Not sure how much you want to make... But this should give you a base to work with.. This is my dads Diablo Jalapeno Jelly... Good Chit right here..

Diablo Jalapeno Jelly

10 Jalapenos (stems & seeds removed)
          2 med Bell peppers (stems & seeds removed)
          1 1/2 cups Vinegar
          6 cups Sugar
          1/3 cup Lemon Juice
          4 ounces Liquid Pectin
          Green food coloring for more color (Opt)

Place peppers in a blender and puree... Combine the puree and vinegar, bring to a boil over high heat, and boil rapidly for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally... Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar and lemon juice.. Return the pan to the heat, bring to a boil again, stir in the pectin and food coloring and boil again, stirring constantly for a minute.. Skim off the foam and bottle in sterilized jars. Makes around 6 1/2 pints...

Enjoy!!!

thanks

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X