A thanks to Mikey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thanks to Mikey.

Several months ago when I joined this enjoyable, informative and sometimes hilarious forum, I like some others listed my smokers in my signature. I had been a member of SMF for 2 years, and found this site by quite accident somehow. Anyway, it wasn't long till I got a PM from Mikey, asking me what type of mods I had done to my Brinkmann since he owned a similar smoker. Honestly, the mods I had done were minimal at best and I told him that. Well, little did I know this guy was all over it and proceeded to tell me what he had done to his. I took his advice and started looking for some items that I might try, for instance like adding some ceramic fireboard to the lid. I couldn't find this stuff anywhere, no how. After consulting him, next thing I know he is sending me some, at no charge. He sent a perfect sized piece which fit my smoker exactly, along with pics of how it should look like. I was impressed to say the least. I had added a charcoal basket too, paid a bunch for it, and he told me if he had known, he'd have made it for me for free. (I blew that one, I shoulda asked) Then, after these were added and helped significantly, he suggested I should add a baffle to distribute the heat more evenly. I told him yeah, I'll look around for one and do it sometime. Nah, that wasn't good enough for this guy, he asked me for the measurements and within a week it was on the way.
    With the last package I received containing the baffle, also included was a sample of his rub, a sweet concoction with some heat at the end, and get this..5 splits or orange wood! Let me tell you, you ain't findin' this wood in Jersey! I tried it with some chicken this past weekend, along with his sweet/heat rub on some CSR's. Although the pics do this smoke no justice at all, take it from me, this was one of my better smokes, ever.
    Thanks Mikey, you rock dude!
    Attached Files
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Damn right!
    And some tasty looking Q too

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
    Let me tell you, you ain't findin' this wood in Jersey!
    You said it. Can get lots of woods (even got some lilac I haven't tried yet) but ain't getting no orange at the local farm.
    Last edited by Fire it up; 05-02-2011, 08:21 PM.
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Real good looking Q my friend.
      Chargriller Pro w. sfb
      Ducane 4100 propane grill
      Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Looks great and Mikey is a class act.
        Kamado Big Joe
        Kamado Classic Joe
        Weber Simpsons OTG
        "H" Redhead Weber OTS
        Simpsons Smokey Joe Silver
        Grey Smokey Joe Gold
        http://smoothsmoke.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes, I'd say Mikey rocks also. You never now what to expect from folks on this forum.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
            Yes, I'd say Mikey rocks also. You never now what to expect from folks on this forum.
            You couldn't be more correct Sir. Explains why we/me keeps coming back. You have to love it here.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Well that really cool of him and yes there are some good people on here Rpmorey comes to mind he was making the beer can chicken holders for people, great site!!!

Comment

yup, you hooked up with the right guy there i would say... i do know this, when it comes to a smoker or a technique... Mikey will tinker with it to get the most out of it possible. Smoke on and kudos to Mikey!!!
                Charbroil SFB
                GOSM
                MES
                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Very nice! Kudos to Mikey! I still have a bit of orange wood here, and do like it on bird!
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yup Mikey is the bomb. Straight shootin BBQ cowboy there.
                    JT

Comment

good people round here and no mistake

Used a bit of lilac wood saturday. Nothing earth shattering but works :-)
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Awesome looking Q SOB!! Yes, ol' Mikey is da' bomb!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yep, Mikey is a good guy.

A straight shooter and full of good info.

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                          X