Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is this BBQ Tube Site?? Will it take the place of the devil spawn Photobucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is this BBQ Tube Site?? Will it take the place of the devil spawn Photobucket

OK, I missed Ken's original post on the BBQ Tube...So I had some questions that I bet others have as well. I looked into the BBQ Tube after I saw this quote in Fish's Movie Maker post (nicely done BTW Fish). I see it is Ken's site.

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
    Piffff!! photobucket...

The BBQ Tube Has No Size Limit at this time.. Shameless Plug..
    So, Ken has opened up a hosting site for videos. Does it also host Photos? I fricken hate photo bucket and have been hosting photos from my Google Picasa account, but the size is limited and is filling up quickly unless I wanted to spring for the upgrade.

Anyone care to explain the BBQ Tube site and it's capabilities? Good thinking Ken...I may try a video or two.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Dana, I have only uploaded 1 video to The BBQ Tube, but Wingman (Rob) has put a bunch on it, as you probably noticed...... I am a total novice at the video thing, but am learning as I go..... I took my videos with a regular digital camera (Canon Power Shot) & also a Sony Cyber Shot.... Not "video" cameras so to speak, regular small "picture" taking cameras that have a video setting for short videos..... I then upload them into Photobucket..... Then into the Windows Movie Maker, where they can be joined together, edited, add titles & music, etc. with an easy drag & drop kinda format..... As I have absolutely no patience I was prepared to say F-it & give up quickly, but it went pretty smooth & although the quality is not really slick, I did learn a few things along the way like being semi prepared as far as what I am going to say and have the old lady turn down the TV news broadcast in the background
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      Dana, I have only uploaded 1 video to The BBQ Tube, but Wingman (Rob) has put a bunch on it, as you probably noticed......
      Good thread Dana.

Scott I may have to ask you or Rob or anyone else for that matter for some editing help. I have a camcorder but have never took the time to do any editing.

Comment

Engineer... Depending on your requirements I can install the gallery on your VB site. It works very well, and if you don't want everything on the SM upload site for whatever reason let me know. You can then use your site with direct links like Photo Bucket. I am running an experimental site using php motion which will do the same things but requires certain hosts. Remember that as another post was made that when sites change and what not linked images and such from outside can badly affect existing posts.

Comment

I would use The BBQ Tube personally or YouTube. Both work the same. You create a free account. Login. Click upload, then upload new movie and browse to the loction on your local PC's hard drive of the file. You then enter a title, description and all the keyword tags that describe what your video is about. The tags are very important so use all the descriptive words (BBQ, barbecue, pork etc). The BBQ Tube uploads faster then YouTube which is nice. You can then embed your videos in your post by selecting your video the copying the embeded code and pasting it into the post on the smoked-meat forum. Pretty easy.
          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
          Yoder Wichita
          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Rob gonna learn me tomorrow.... Then I might set up a hidden camera viewing the bar with me and my brother discussing and arguing the all time greatest song, band, album, double album, singer, drummer, video, concert, guitarist, etc.... While drinking Don Julio and Duvel... WTF?
            sigpic

Comment

Ha! I'll watch that. Sounds hillarious!
              Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
              Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
              Yoder Wichita
              Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
              Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
              Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                OK, I missed Ken's original post on the BBQ Tube...So I had some questions that I bet others have as well. I looked into the BBQ Tube after I saw this quote in Fish's Movie Maker post (nicely done BTW Fish). I see it is Ken's site.

So, Ken has opened up a hosting site for videos. Does it also host Photos? I fricken hate photo bucket and have been hosting photos from my Google Picasa account, but the size is limited and is filling up quickly unless I wanted to spring for the upgrade.

Anyone care to explain the BBQ Tube site and it's capabilities? Good thinking Ken...I may try a video or two.

It does have an option to host photos, I have it disabled at this time due to "I am still not sure if I like the host I have it on at this time"

But like Drifter said, if you have a host there are free software programs that you can install and host your own photos and files..
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                X