Grilled Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled Salmon

I got this recipe from a friend of mine from Seattle. He came up with it on his own and his kids loved it. So, when I first got it, I figured I'd try it out on my kids. They are still happy.

I am a white fish guy and never been much of a salmon fan. Mrs. Abelman however loves salmon. The kids, fish, not so much as it isn't beef or pork.

So, here's how I did it per the recipe. I used some wild caught sockeye salmon from the fish counter, skin on. Lather it up with some Thai Peanut sauce for the grill. Per the directions, I used a piece of heavy duty foil.

Set the grill to 300° and let the fish grilling commence. You can put some more peanut sauce on mid way if you want. Takes about 30 minutes for the fish to flake all around. Just be careful and don't overcook.

Once done, spread some more peanut sauce on the filet. Prior to finishing, chop up some salted peanuts. I added some chopped green onion, fresh squeezed lime, and a tad of KS.

The skin sticks right to the foil so cutting portions with a spatula is very easy. Sorry I didn't get a plated pic, just this one right before portions started being served. I will admit, I actually like this salmon. Thanks for looking.

Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

That's real different, might have to give that a try! Looks real good.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
      Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

That is really different, but I bet it works. Thanks for posting it, got me thinking...... The ground peanuts sound odd, butt I think I would at least try them on a half, or serve on the side for folks to try.
        sigpic

Comment

love some fresh salmon! very nice!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            The ground peanuts sound odd, butt I think I would at least try them on a half, or serve on the side for folks to try.
            That's what I was thinking but they prolly give it some much needed texture or crunch without competing with anything flavor wise.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              That's what I was thinking but they prolly give it some much needed texture or crunch without competing with anything flavor wise.
              ...... Definitely think its worth a try though!
              sigpic

Comment

Wow is that pretty or what! I have realized salmon is good for more than smoking recently..
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thai peanuty deliciousness is what i am thinking
                  Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X