• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[emoji481] well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
      This has points written all over it
      No question about that. Excellent job Sir.

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Awesome!

Gotta know though, what's the brew? I know you like to make your own
        sigpic

Comment

interesting. Does the cedar impart any flavor at all? I would think it would kind of get lost in the rest of the flavors, not like on salmon which is pretty delicate.
          Mike
          Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
            interesting. Does the cedar impart any flavor at all? I would think it would kind of get lost in the rest of the flavors, not like on salmon which is pretty delicate.
            Curious about this too. Still, it sure looks good! I love smoked meatloaf.
            Mike
            Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
            POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
            Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
              now, if you could wire that plank to a rotisserie, then I would be impressed....

That would take an experienced Pro!!

And I just happened to know one.

Looks Mighty Tasty, Bama!!---

Nice Job!!

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

There is a Smokey flavor but honestly it just hold the meatloaf. I'm not so sure it would be a successful cook if I placed it directly on the grate. Kinda like some cheese I saw once upon a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Originally posted by Bama BBQ View Post
                  There is a Smokey flavor but honestly it just hold the meatloaf. I'm not so sure it would be a successful cook if I placed it directly on the grate. Kinda like some cheese I saw once upon a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  One way to set it on the grate is to cut a piece of parchment paper about 1/4" bigger all the way around than the meatloaf. It will keep it from falling through the grate. I've done them this way many times, especially when I do the round meatloaf.
                  Jim

Comment

Yep
                    sigpic

22’ kettle
                    5 burner gas grill
                    Anova
                    Hobart Meat Grinder 4822 series
                    F.Dick 12 Ltr. Sausage Stuffer

There's only two types of Beer: Cold and Free.
                    _____
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
                      One way to set it on the grate is to cut a piece of parchment paper about 1/4" bigger all the way around than the meatloaf. It will keep it from falling through the grate. I've done them this way many times, especially when I do the round meatloaf.

Hmmmm, silicone covered paper or wood. Naw...I'll take wood. I like the smoky flavor that I'm not so sure parchment will provide. Thanks for the idea though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

You should get plenty of smoke flavor from your fire and wood chunks. The parchment paper only keeps it from falling through the cooking grate. It's used all the time for baking and cooking.

Parchment paper is grease- and moisture-resistant paper specially treated for oven use. It is very versatile -- use it to line cake molds and baking sheets, to wrap fish and other dishes that are cooked en papillote
                        Jim

Comment

Nice looking meatloaf, it's one of my favorite things off the grill.

Comment

Working...
                          X