No announcement yet.

Shredded Chicken Fritters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd hit them in a heartbeat!. Looks to me like you have all the bases covered!
    Mike
    Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
    POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
    Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

well spank your butt Freddie Eugene Floyd Cat Daddy...fine gig!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks for all the comments folks, these things could go a lot of different ways. I think the next batch will be a Thai/Asian thing, with some peanut dipping sauce? Sounds good to me anyway
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          Thanks for all the comments folks, these things could go a lot of different ways. I think the next batch will be a Thai/Asian thing, with some peanut dipping sauce? Sounds good to me anyway
          Yup. Send me your address. I'll be there.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Hot damn, that sounds right up my alley. We eat a lotta chicken here cause it’s one of the only things everyone will eat so I’m always looking for new ideas. Thanks!
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

jeebuz chickenpattyfryindaddy..........those look friggin good as hell......what about cilantro, green onion, corn or black beans..........
              sigpic
              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Anything else y'all can think of to consider adding?
                definitely the jalapeno, onion and pineapple gig. Maybe even some black beans. Someone mentioned cliantro, bet that'd be good too.

Or maybe take it a different direction and put in some yellow curry, shredded carrots, bell pepper and a raisin or two.
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

Shredded Chicken Fritters

Mad Hunky Sweet Heat, added to the shredded chicken leftover taco fixins. Used smashed Cheese Its crackers as a binder, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Green onions, Tomato, Olives, finely diced Jalapeños and Garlic & 2 eggs.Was pretty wet and did not bind as well as other tries, butt tasted fantastic. Cooked in a SS All-Clad pan with butter and EVOO instead of the usual non-stick skillet. Maybe the difference in color?

Last edited by Fishawn; 01-26-2018, 01:28 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yup. I'd hit that... too wet or knot...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

reason it didn't bind probably the crackers.
                      Lots of fat in crackers, that would melt out and make the mix more greasy.
                      I used to work in a biscuit(cookie)/cracker factory.
                      And what you do is mix the flavouring with hot oil, and it's sprayed on the crackers when they emerge from the oven.
                      I worked it out one night that I flavoured just over 1 million mini cheddars a shift :-)
                      The thing is baked crackers tend to have MORE fat than fried.
                      The hot dry cracker absorbs a lot of fat.
                      The fat is also what keeps them crunchy and stops them going limp as soon as you open the bag.
                      But not much good as a binder in something that will be cooked.

Flavours do sound great
                      That savoury salty hit you get from olives will work really well !
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                        reason it didn't bind probably the crackers.
                        Lots of fat in crackers, that would melt out and make the mix more greasy.
                        I used to work in a biscuit(cookie)/cracker factory.
                        And what you do is mix the flavouring with hot oil, and it's sprayed on the crackers when they emerge from the oven.
                        I worked it out one night that I flavoured just over 1 million mini cheddars a shift :-)
                        The thing is baked crackers tend to have MORE fat than fried.
                        The hot dry cracker absorbs a lot of fat.
                        The fat is also what keeps them crunchy and stops them going limp as soon as you open the bag.
                        But not much good as a binder in something that will be cooked.

Flavours do sound great
                        That savoury salty hit you get from olives will work really well !
                        Hmmmm... good info aboot the crackers. Never knew that...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

They look great from here. Well done Fishawn!
                          jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have got to try these!!!!
                            Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Working...
                            X