??? about cooking for 130+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75 pounds pork but raw.

160 pounds of brisket assuming all adults. Assuming dinner with no appetizers before hand.

Set the line so the meat is the last thing they take, bread, salad, starch and veggies all come prior to meat on the buffet.

You don't say when this is, but if you are in Central Kansas, you could borrow my big rig for the event. Daughter lives in Denver now so I am over there a lot helping her and her husband with the new house. I could tow to Denver to save you some miles and pick it up there as well.

Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Originally posted by bbally View Post
      You don't say when this is, but if you are in Central Kansas, you could borrow my big rig for the event. Daughter lives in Denver now so I am over there a lot helping her and her husband with the new house. I could tow to Denver to save you some miles and pick it up there as well.

Thats on heck of a generous offer there...But I got no good way to get it from Denver to here...Not with my truck that is
      Thanks anyway...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        While that may be true, chuckies come to me at store/butcher shop prices...The briskies and butts I can score from where i work alot cheaper...Usually...Choice Excell briskets usually a little over a buck a pound...Yeah...not gonna be chuckies...
        OK..well, prolly close to the same as a butt for return for packers... maybe a bit more... 65%?
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          While that may be true, chuckies come to me at store/butcher shop prices...The briskies and butts I can score from where i work alot cheaper...Usually...Choice Excell briskets usually a little over a buck a pound...Yeah...not gonna be chuckies...
          Check with the meat manager and ask for a chuck roll. They are aboot 18 to 25 pounds of unmolested chuck... it's what they cut the chuck roasts from. They are much cheaper than a trimmed chuckie... like $2.99/lb, and much cheaper than brisket, which is $3.99/lb around here.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

OK Phil ya got me thinkin......

Checked a recent meat list (what I can get through work)...They have what theyre callin Chuck Eye...3 roasts to a case averaging 70 pounds...Problem is I have to buy the whole case @2.59/lb...Might still be able to get the case of briskets cheaper...Worth checkin into...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

75 pounds pork but raw.

160 pounds of brisket assuming all adults. Assuming dinner with no appetizers before hand.
              you sure you got that right bob ?
              235 pounds of uncooked meat for 130 people ?
              even assuming 50% loss with cooking that's close to a pound of meat per person.
              Bearing in mind they'd all have eaten that day, there's sides and bread and most of the women will no doubt be on diets, the men will be trying to drop their blood pressure and cholesterol and only half the people who come will want to eat assuming they all turn up at all.

Even without the worst case scenario - sounds like an awful lot of meat to me.
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
              X