No announcement yet.

"Best Steak Houses"..... so they say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Best Steak Houses"..... so they say...

I have been to St Elmo's in Indy and it was dang good... I take the wife there for a nice dinner when we are at the Lake!

http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/americ...234847120.html

have you all been to any of the others...
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Bern's in Tampa/St Pete.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Well living in a tourist city...bestest is Captain Andersons...then Angelo's...I'm a real hard a$z to please when it comes to a steak...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

The best steakhouse I've been to is in the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I've aboot got that one paid off.... One more payment I think....
        New Braunfels Black Diamond
        18.5" WSM
        Weber Performer Deluxe Black
        18.5 Weber Kettle
        22.5 Weber Kettle
        Maverick ET732
        6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
          The best steakhouse I've been to is in the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I've aboot got that one paid off.... One more payment I think....
          ---------------------------------------------------
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

The Steak House ...at Bally's in Vegas

One of the oldest there, but still one of the best...and much more affordable than Bellagio across the street.
            sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

I've been to Lugar's in Brooklyn. It's annoying to get there from Manhattan. The extra thick cut bacon appetizer is amazing. A number of previous employees opened up copy-cat restaurants in Manhattan. The steak and the bacon is just as good at the copy-cats and the decor is nicer, but there's something the ancient Brooklyn location made it worth the trip.

I've been to Keen's in Manhattan a few times. I've gone with the porterhouse, but they are known for their mutton chop. You get a 3" thick cross-section of the beat. I think that's the equivalent of two porterhouses (two mutton strips and a pair of mini mutton filets) along with the tails which I think are the same as skirt steak. I tasted it, good, but I prefer the steak.

I've been to Gibson's in Chicago a number of times. It's an interesting place where there were always old guys there with their "nieces". We sat next to Chris Farley once who was more than accommodating to one of the members of our party who had drank more than he should have. One time in particular the Chicago cut ribeye was the best steak I've ever had.

Comment

The only really good steaks I've ever had were from a place I call "My Front Porch".

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                  The only really good steaks I've ever had were from a place I call "My Front Porch".

Bear
                  Thus the "Best Steak Houses"... we all know that a great steak cut correctly is best cooked in our hands will be great!
                  Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber Performer
                  Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Gawd, I want steak for dinner. I can't say that I've been to a steak house that knocked me socks off. The one thing I like about Outback is they are franchised and I lived within walking distance of one a few years back. The owner was amazing and after a few times of sending steaks back they finally got it right.

When in my 20's I lived in Atlanta and thought Ruth Chris Steak House was the shit, but after going back a year or so ago, I was very disappointed. Not sure if they lost their mojo or I just learned to cook a better steak. I'm going to plan me a steak dinner.

Comment

I have never been to a steak house before in all my years if eating it

Comment

Pretty tough to beat one I raised, fattened, finished, and then cooked up myself. One common denominator on most of those places is dry aging. We dry age our carcass halves 14 to 21 days, but never individual cuts or primals. Those (that I saw in Vegas) are some dandy looking chunks of beef. I just couldn't swing the change on em. Sure would like to try one aged that way.
                        sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Quite a few years ago Went to a place in Illinios called Alexanders.Was a pick out your own steak and cook it yerself place.ya cooked on giant charcoal grillsWas pretty cool thoughThey had a pan fried choco chip cookie for dessert that was killer though served in the pan hot with icecream on top
                          2-22.5'' weber
                          1-18'' weber
                          1 smokey joe
                          22.5'' wsm
                          24'' smoke vault
                          1-outhouse
                          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Ditkas downtown Chicago location for the bone in filet $$ but the best I have ever had. The chef use to use my group as testers for items he wanted to incorporate or change on the menu. I tested this over 10 years ago and it became an instant hit.

Comment

In Boston you have Abe & Louie's ,Grill 23 and my favorite , the Capital grill. Porterhouse at any of these would make the angels weep.
                              We call it Bah-buh-cue !

Comment

Working...
                              X