Zeek's morning Ribs And Chivapchichi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDave View Post
    Zeeker, my man. You crack me up. You were so stressed over your first smoke and now you're turning out grub like that. That looks FREAKIN' AWESOME!!

I'd say you and Fatman have hit it off pretty well. for that spread for sure!!

Dave
    Couldn't say it any better , so , what ^^^^^^ said
    Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

WOW!

Going to have to give those sausage a try.

I hate all wasps!!! They just freak me out. Got stung when I was really young. One memory I just can't shake. Since then, have a deep hatred for those bastards.
      Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
      Modified Chargriller RF
      250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

Wow what a good looking post! Those sausages have a smoke ring almost all the way to the middle! Gonna have to try the recipe, hubby loves lamb, just bought him a half lamb to experiment with and we got some ground with that...
        Mustang electric smoker
        King Kooker vertical gasser
        Charbroil silver smoker
        Earnhardt Jr smoker
        Brinkman smoke n' grill
        a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Thanks for bumping this Cajun... I evidently missed it the first time round... AWESOME stuff Zeeker!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
            Tried to mix it up this weekend so Saturday I spent all afternoon making Chivapchichi (Pork, Lamb, Veal) Mini sausages (No casings) and prepped a couple racks of ribs as well. It was raining all day Saturday so I thought I would do a Sunday Smoke. Started out not to bad, but by the time I got to temp it started raining again, on and off. Screw it Let's smoke. Everything went pretty good until, at the 3 hour mark I took a swig of my beer. Damn a friggin Yellow jacket was in my beer and stung me on the lip. (Friggin hurt). I spit him out and squished the bastard. Fat lip and all, I kept on going. Some pics of the day, All turned out great and the chivap tasted amazing, got to do them again. Enjoy and thanks for checking out my smoke. All the best...

It just started to rain, had to run back and rescue my beer. Hey it's all I got left...

Zeek,
            Still doing these Chivapchichi? Always wanted to do these and never got them,,,they are on the shortlist to do. Dang photobucket had to ruin the great pics of those Chivapchichis.
            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Steve, what browser are you using? FireFox has an add on that allows you to see almost all the pics they have extorted..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                Steve, what browser are you using? FireFox has an add on that allows you to see almost all the pics they have extorted..
                Thx Ken, I'm using Google Chrome. I will try Firefox. Steve
                Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
                  Thx Ken, I'm using Google Chrome. I will try Firefox. Steve

Oh they have a ad on I think as well for your browser, the link is her somewhere..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Ho Lee Shitt!!! What walk down memory lane...All the folks we used to hang with...A serious blast from the past.

Hey Zeek it's good to see pics of the Fatman in action ...even if it is from 11 years ago

Hint Hint...Need some new pics from ya man
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been using baking soda in all my Chivap sausages for ever Rich. It gives them a deep red, brown look when cooked and tender. Call me crazy but It works Bud.
                      And - now... I have learned the acid/base thing... will indeed contribute to that. Baking powder is often used for this purpose in stir frys and such...
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        Ho Lee Shitt!!! What walk down memory lane...All the folks we used to hang with...A serious blast from the past.

Hey Zeek it's good to see pics of the Fatman in action ...even if it is from 11 years ago

Hint Hint...Need some new pics from ya man
                        Thanks Craig, I'm going through health issues right now and tending a fire all day is not in the cards so "Fatman" is off limits for a while longer brother.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        KCBS CBJ

Comment

So sorry to hear that Zeek. Get well and stay well
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Excellent bump, forgot about these!!!

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                            And - now... I have learned the acid/base thing... will indeed contribute to that. Baking powder is often used for this purpose in stir frys and such...
                            Only took ya 11 years to figure it out?

Oats huh? Naaaaaaaa!
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                              Really? I'm not knowing this.... POS really. Thanks for that tid bit Chief!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks Craig, I'm going through health issues right now and tending a fire all day is not in the cards so "Fatman" is off limits for a while longer brother.
                                Zeek! Prayers my brother! Heal up and stay healthy xoxo from Central Cali [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                                X