ReHeating Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReHeating Ribs

I smoked a pile a meat yesterday. I have good handle reheating BBQ but was looking for some pointers on baby back ribs. I have 2 racks I wrapped in foil when I took them off the smoker. I've put them in the freezer. Was planning to just thaw and heat on the grill or would in the oven still wrapped be better.

When I freeze ribs (Spares or BB's) I always wrap in saran wrap then foil.. When I am ready to serve them I preheat the oven to around 200* allow the ribs to thaw on the counter for a few hours till they bend.. Pop in the oven for a hour till ready to serve..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Normally what I do is vacu-seal them before freezing. When I reheat, I thaw them first, remove from the bag, then place them in a disposable aluminum pan, bone down, and pour a bit of apple juice in the pan. Cover with foil, set the oven at 350, and heat for 20 to 30 minutes.

Or you can cut the racks in half, vacu-seal and freeze. Then after you thaw them, leave them sealed in the bag, then drop them in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
        When I freeze ribs (Spares or BB's) I always wrap in saran wrap then foil.. When I am ready to serve them I preheat the oven to around 200* allow the ribs to thaw on the counter for a few hours till they bend.. Pop in the oven for a hour till ready to serve..
        Do the same, but I give them a small spritz of AJ, then wrap in foil at 220* -230*
        sigpic

Comment

mmmm ribs
          2-22.5'' weber
          1-18'' weber
          1 smokey joe
          22.5'' wsm
          24'' smoke vault
          1-outhouse
          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            place them in a disposable aluminum pan, bone down, and pour a bit of apple juice in the pan. Cover with foil, set the oven at 350, and heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
            I have used the "HawgHeaven Rib Reheat Method" with excellent results.

Dave
            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
            -
            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post

Dave
              I'll thaw them and put em on a low heat grill, flipping often if I have the time. But for the set it and forget it method, I also splash the rack and foil it for the oven. if I have several racks, I stack em in a foil pan, cover and heat.
              Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
              Weber Performer
              Weber 22.5" OTG
              Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
              Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
              Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
              BBQ Food Truck

Comment

To reheeat ribs I throw them on the grill as well but onto a hot grill.
                It's the way we always did it in the restaurant and has always worked great for me.
                There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the replies guys. now i got some options depending on what the situation is sunday. it's my mother in laws birthday so i wanted to have some ideas because i know it'll be hectic.

i have the wrapped in foil and in a ziplock bag in the freezer currently.

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post

Dave
                    ditto great method
                    Mike
                    Oklahoma City
                    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                    Weber 22.5 Performer
                    GOSM 3405gw
                    Boomer Sooner Drum
                    Maverick ET-732
                    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

well i was pretty much sicker'n shit sat, but the show must go one with a mil is involved right?

anyway i just threw the ribs on the grill in the foil til they started ti sizzle. then finished heating them w/o the foils to they hardened up some.

they woulda been good if if i'd remember some sauce for them.

oh well they were decent dry.

Comment

i just nuke them.
                        brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                        18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                        cast iron Hibachi
                        22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                        & rotisserator
                        12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                        stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                        Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                        http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                        my music recordings-
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Working...
                        X