No announcement yet.

New Years pig roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad you are absolutely right on. Both of you! i done got fargggled up in my math nuttin a mafacation. and forgot to put the pig in the cooler.
    Geeze guys.
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Yep we are at 30 lbs of salt for this bad boy!
      I gotta give Ry props for doing all the prep work and the research on this.
      Ry and Billie are gonna treat me to a trip to the Winco, we dont have one of those by us... bulk spices... yikes..
      Thanks for all the brain power on this one! you guys rock!!! the math was way over my head!
      Ry

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

What's yer time estimate? I GOTTA figger at least 24 hours brine time. That's alot of bags of ice. IN bags- Ziplocks of course... gallon or better size.

Just making sure of the logistics...
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Could i kindly ask Why are you salt brining a whole hog...Have marinated a bunch.....Then rubbed etc...Just asking...???

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            What's yer time estimate? I GOTTA figger at least 24 hours brine time. That's alot of bags of ice. IN bags- Ziplocks of course... gallon or better size.

Just making sure of the logistics...
            Yep the piggy is going into the brine tomorrow, and coming out Thursday night.. we figure to eat about 2 ish NY Day... of course thats if Ry and I survive the night of debauchery we have planned!

We are gonna inject him too.... we are planning of a couple of finshing sauces, bbq sauce and lots of great food to go with. I again have to thank Ryan and Billie for doing all the hard labor here, I have to work on Thru so Ryan has really taken all the hard stuff on just so our families can ring in the New Year together. It will be a peek into how much fun the West Coast Gathering will be for you all! Of course you gotta be there in person to really get the effect of a great game of "Things".... how many of you were showing up for NYE??? Keith? Eraine? MinBill? ;)

Comment

Thank you so much for the noggin power sis! Couldn't of figured out that we neede to put the pig in the brine , without ya! And Adam And Rich. I was gonna just brine the cooler I guess. Got so narded up in the math, I forgot the pig.Damn We are anticipating an 80 lb pig, Herb. Rich you are also exactamundo on the 1 cup is 1/2 pound. I must have failed in the break down somewheres None the less it is an ass load of salt. And the Pi*rsquared*h woulda helped too. If I had thought about it...eh?
              Any whooo yes the pig will see 24 hours in brine. But the next question is do you relax the pig after pulling it from brine. If so how long. I have gotten contradictory answers. If there is a relax needed the 24 hours is lessened. I gots to work YO! Thanks again all y'all!
              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Relax? What...you gonna take it to the beach? What is this "relax"? I figgered drain it, hose it off and onto the grate? Am I missing something here? I wanna know!
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Well if you don't tell any one I wont, but that's what I was gonna do any how.
                  I have read somewheres where you should relax the salts even after rinsing. I cannot quote at this particular moment, though I will try hard to remember where I seen or heard that. If I did take it to the beach, it would be considerably worse, than that blow up doll I used to hang out with, at the beach.
                  Ryan

Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Well now I am sure it will have a considerable amount of relax time, while I hear about the blow up doll and the beach trip! ;)
                    Ry, we are measuring our time in beer right? I will leave it up to you to do the math on that one brother!

Comment

99 bottles of beer on the wall 99 bpttles of beer...HICKUP!
                      beer o'clock...beer thirty...beer fifteen...
                      Yep you are right on Kel! We will measure time ala tippin' 'n tipsy!
                      Ryan

Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                        99 bottles of beer on the wall 99 bpttles of beer...HICKUP!
                        beer o'clock...beer thirty...beer fifteen...
                        Yep you are right on Kel! We will measure time ala tippin' 'n tipsy!
                        Hoo boy... now I'M behind I'm thinkin'

Comment

See then there are no worries my brother! \_/!!
                          XOXOX
                          K

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                            Could i kindly ask Why are you salt brining a whole hog...Have marinated a bunch.....Then rubbed etc...Just asking...???
                            We just thought that it may help put out a better product. No more no less. At this point Alex, it may be too much of a pain in the pocket book for that amount of salt. Marinate it may be. Sorry for the delay bud. Gotta feed the gerbil and the internet will speed up. Damn cage is barely turning !
                            Ryan

Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                              We just thought that it may help put out a better product. No more no less. At this point Alex, it may be too much of a pain in the pocket book for that amount of salt. Marinate it may be. Sorry for the delay bud. Gotta feed the gerbil and the internet will speed up. Damn cage is barely turning !
                              Use Kosher. a box is about 3 lbs for what 3 bux? Sea salt is stupid expensive. and yer paying for impurities. Season it yourself.

Comment

Ok here is the California dislamer for this post

"no gerbils were hurt in this post"
                                "only used to run internet, no Richard Geres here"

Comment

Working...
                                X