Posted On: 01-22-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 97
0 Sesame crusted tuna
Last Post: strength_and_power
Replies: 0
Views: 17
0 Congrats To The New England And Philadelphia Fans!
Last Post: chefrob
Replies: 20
Views: 173
6 Just a Lil Puerco Pibil...
Last Post: chefrob
Replies: 10
Views: 119
0 A Feeble Attempt at Scott's Fritters....
Last Post: Abelman
Replies: 12
Views: 113
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,530 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,213 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,871 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-16-2017, 07:42 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
Default Good Ham Glaze????

Well that time of the year, been asked to do a Ham for Christmas... check got that one covered.. asked for it to be glazed too... crap don't have one of those..

Does anyone have a good sweet (is there any other kind) ham glaze that is on point?

Thanks folks!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-16-2017, 07:44 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I don't glaze mine so I'm kinda useless here

Craig
Old 12-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

weird, never glazed a ham.

melt some apricot jam and brush it on ?

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 12-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Im with ya... but do as asked ya know.....

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 12-16-2017, 07:56 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Try this This is very similar to what I've had in the past...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 12-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Miracle Whip Free Zone...

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Truer words were never spoken...

I've done this one in the oven...
  • 1 (10-lb.) fully cooked ham
  • 1 (12 oz.) jar cherry preserves
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup (or maple syrup)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
  • 3 tablespoons water
  1. HEAT oven to 325F. Place ham on a rack in shallow baking pan. Bake according to package directions or 1 1/2 hours, uncovered, until thermometer registers 140F.
  2. COMBINE cherry preserves, vinegar, corn syrup. cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in medium saucepan. Cook and stir until boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer 2 minutes. Stir in almonds. Reserve 3/4 cup for serving with ham.
  3. SPOON remaining glaze over ham about 15 minutes before the ham is done. Baste occasionally. Place ham on serving platter. Stir water into reserved glaze. Heat until warm. Serve with the ham.
Note: I substituted maple syrup for the corn syrup.

It were tasty...
Should transfer to the smoker well...

HORIZON 16" Classic Offset
SToK Tower Grill
Weber 18.5"
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

RICHTEE, THE FORMATIVE YEARS...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 12-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Default Good Ham Glaze????

The spiral cut hams from Costco are Awesome! They come with a powdered glaze packet which appears to be mostly sugar you mix with water and heat to boiling. Then apply last 10-15 minute of cooking/smoking. 3 years ago for Thankgiving we did 2 Costco hams, 1 in a big roaster and 1 smoke cooked on the 26r with Apple. Both were glazed. Weber smoked/cooked ham got way more compliments and folks asking aboot how to do it. Since then, the ham goes on the Weber. Awesome ham Brian Here is this years.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Wrap it in bacon

Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

I use a super simple recipe.
1/2 c brown sugar
2 tsp ground mustard
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
Mix into a paste. Shmear on to the ham as soon as you take off the smoker. Then lose tent for a few minutes to melt the glaze.

Another recipe thats more of a novelty recipe that I just threw together and is good on ham.
1 stick butter
1 c brown sugar
1 apple
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Peel and shred the apple add to a pot with the water. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly until the water is gone. ( Try to break down the apple.
Add Butter melt.
Add sugar salt and vinegar bring to a boil. Stirring constantly until till you get a nice brown color. You can add milk or heavy cream to thin up if needed.
*As soon as this is to the consistency that you want add straight to the hot ham. Tent and let the ham melt the caramel sauce down.*
The first recipe is my go to the second I do for fun. I hope these help.

Sent from my A573VC using Tapatalk

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry
Old 12-16-2017, 12:04 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Brian,

I just copied this from my "Double Smoked Ham" Thread:

Before I get started, here is the ingredients for the Glaze I used near the end of the smokes (about the last hour):

Glaze:
Brown Sugar-------------------------1/2 Cup
Maple Syrup--------------------------1/3 Cup
Ground Mustard-----------------------1/2 tsp
Ground Cinnamon---------------------1/4 tsp
Ground Ginger------------------------1/8 tsp
Ground Cloves------------------------1/8 tsp
Ground Nutmeg-----------------------1/8 tsp

Heat in Microwave, and stir well.

Everybody seems to like it,

Bear

Lower Navigation