Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
    does depend how heavy the smoke is.
    I like mine fairly light, so it's edible after about 3 days but better after a week.
    I like to taste the cheese too...Rarely smoke cheese for more than 1.25 hours...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

I normally use pecan. Last time I used apple with rave reviews.
      Don..

2 of me best buds ever! R.I.P guys

Comment

Depending how heavy the smoke is as to how long to leave cheese in the smoke . Also the color of the cheese is a teller. Alder chips/pellets is a mild smoke. Depending on how thick the smoke is determines how long I leave the cheeses in. My MES 40 2.5 is different than using my Weber grill. My 1st smoke in the MES I had too much smoke in the chamber and left for 3 hrs. I was used to less heavy smoke in the Weber. My 1st MES cheese came out very smoke stained for lack of better description rather than the lighter tint I was used to getting. So, my 2nd MES cheese smoke I cut down on the intensity of the smoke by 1/2 but still went 3 hrs. Looked great and tasted great right out of the MES. so now it is vac packed awaiting the 2 week mellowing. BTW, the heavily stained smoke was a hit with most who tried it. They mixed it with the light stuff on the cracker. So, to each his own.
        sigpicYeah...that's right...I'm smokin'.

The GOOD ONE smoker grill
        Weber 22 1/2 Wannabe (aka WW)
        Weber 22 1/2 Silver One Touch
        Smokey Joe New model, Smokey Joe 1984 model
        fire pit in the yard
        10 & 12 Lodge DO,
        Maverick ET73, ET732.
        A-MAZE-N SMOKER 5x8, RED HOT Thermapen
        MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric smoker

Rick

Comment

I smoked it for 3 hours with hickory using the A-MAZE-N 12 inch tube smoker in my Mes 30. I had a little taste before putting it in the fridge and it was a bit strong so hopefully it will mellow out a bit though I could have eaten it as it was. I may try apple pellets next time or a mix.

Comment

Working...
          X