Meal Prep Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a207769s View Post
    I never really heard of sous vide until coming around this forum. It is an interesting method that would take some serious convincing to get the wife to try. But I can see where it could make some great meals.
    Sous Vide is a wonderful tool in the belt. I use it a lot, cooked some great meals with it. You can get into it fairly cheap...

https://anovaculinary.com/store/?blu...SABEgJBfPD_BwE

All you need is a pot/vessel to clamp it to that's big enough to handle what you're doing. I use an old Igloo cooler. Go for it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by a207769s View Post
      Hey everyone.... I'm looking for ideas/recipes to do some meal prep for when our son is born next month. Didn't do this with the first kiddo but I want to make it easy for the wife and myself to make some good meals while she is off work home with a newborn and a 3 yr old for about 6 weeks.

I will be smoking a pork butt and vac packing it to thaw and reheat and will also be using the baked chicken breast in lemon juice I found here to pull it and vac pack it as well to thaw and make tacos, etc.

Plan to make a trays of lasagna and stuff shells to freeze to freeze as well.

Anyone around here do much meal prep like this? Doesn't have to be smoked meats just anything you make and freeze that you think reheats well.

Thanks in advance for ideas.
      Beef freezes and reheats well.

Comment

Working...
      X