Experience with Lang 36" stretch ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with Lang 36" stretch ??

I have located one few hrs away. But with same size firebox as a regular 36" model. I am wondering if this model will maintain a fairly even temp throughout the cooking chamber ??
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Doubt there’d be any issues. Nothing different than the regular anyway. Langs ain’t perfect. Learn yer pit, and cook good BBQ :{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Learn yer pit, and cook good BBQ :{)
      ..... Best advice ever! I really think that is the key
      sigpic

Comment

I realize there would be a learning curve. But my concern being same size firebox BUT the cook chamber has the rack size listed as 54" long for stretch model compared to 30" for standard model. So stretch model cook chamber is almost twice as long.
        Will it take quite a bit more fuel ? I assume it will. Will that make end of cook chamber towards firebox quite a bit hotter than opposite end ? I realize there will always be a difference in temp end to end. Just wondering if I should expect a large swing.
        This will be first stick burner so that is why I am asking beginner questions. Otherwise known as Dumba** ?. 😊

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

No “dumbassed" questions. I dunno..never cooked on one. Maybe ask the owner...to be honest. Not that it’s a downer...just wanna know?

Then again maybe he’s got no clue and letteing a gem get way> With a little attention?
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Doubt there’d be any issues. Nothing different than the regular anyway. Langs ain’t perfect. Learn yer pit, and cook good BBQ :{)
            Ditto. Each pit/ smoker/ grill has it's own "querks". Gotta use it to know them. But once you do............ Smokin is good...........
            sigpic

Comment

Lang 36 stretch

I have a regular 36 patio but the Lang website has a forum of users that I am sure can shed light on your question. You can also talk with Mr. Ben Lang who is very straight forward.
              If Lang made it I believe it will perform but I thought they had a larger firebox but looking at their site they both have the same 17x17 box.
              I can appreciate that there may be a temperature difference from left to right since it has a bottom rack 17 inches longer.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouRouge View Post
                I have a regular 36 patio but the Lang website has a forum of users that I am sure can shed light on your question. You can also talk with Mr. Ben Lang who is very straight forward.
                If Lang made it I believe it will perform but I thought they had a larger firebox but looking at their site they both have the same 17x17 box.
                I can appreciate that there may be a temperature difference from left to right since it has a bottom rack 17 inches longer.

Honestly did not realize the Lang had a forum (probably never looked ) ...the 36" stertch had been sold by time seller got back with me. I probably don't need the "stretch" model....But I did like that it was trailer mounted.

Comment

Working...
                X