Smoked cod dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked cod dip

Wanted to smoke some fish but didn't want salmon since we just had it for dinner last night. I used my brine recipe from old man Clear. But I decided to use a " smoke quadfectra " I made a snake in my Weber and put equal parts of alder, maple, apple and cherry, in that order just to see if it made a noticeable difference from the standard cherry/apple mixture I usually use. After it cools I throw it in the kitchen aid with cream cheese and some dill to make a spread for crackers.

Came out awesome! I like my smoked fish well done, kinda tough and chewy, snack like. For sure gonna use the quadfectra of wood again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Seems like you would have lost the sweet aroma from the fruit wood after using maple. But then hardwoods in Oklahoma are pretty strong in flavor around here. I may have to do some experimenting. Do wish I could get some alder though.
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Very nice! smoked all kinds of fish...never cod...i'll give it a go!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
        Very nice! smoked all kinds of fish...never cod...i'll give it a go!

It's very firm, I plan on making more for deer camp. Good snack to have on stand and won't fall apart and crumble all over

Comment

Sounds like a winner! Love making fish dips, great with crackers
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X