Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squirrel's Halloween fatty Bonanza - just had to poach it from smurf ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dat Chick is on Nitrous!....Rock on Sqwerl!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Those were your first ever fatties ?????
      Holy crap !

I'm still trying to work out how you got the snake: 1) rolled, 2) in the smoker 3) out the smoker - all in one piece !

I took it to the guys at the volunteer fire dept.
      lol guess you'll have to start phoning them everytime you smoke something just to say: 'it's okay my house is not on fire'. After that, you've got to be their number one response priority

How much bacon did you use - total ?
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Hundred Dollar Fatty !!! Thats great of you to post these around aardvark, people do need to see her kick ass creations

Comment

What a coincidence, I was watch an old re-run from Seinfeld. It was a line Kramer used which is, Now that's just kookie talk. This is word that sent me to detention.

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
          The heck with that sissy site. You have a new retirement home here. Dang It I can't remember the word I used that I got scolded on ( probably because it was so stupid) But someone complained I was being racist to Asians. It didn't even have anything to do with a certain race and I heard the word on a radio commercial or something. Damn! I know the sentence was........Well that's just ---. Someday I'll get it, but ain't going to wuss ville to find it ( Bri Bri probably placed in the vault). That is one hell of a creation for a first time Fat'e.

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
            Those were your first ever fatties ?????
            Holy crap !

I'm still trying to work out how you got the snake: 1) rolled, 2) in the smoker 3) out the smoker - all in one piece !

lol guess you'll have to start phoning them everytime you smoke something just to say: 'it's okay my house is not on fire'. After that, you've got to be their number one response priority

How much bacon did you use - total ?
            I think I used around 4 lbs. of bacon. For the snake I did all the weave and rolling on the counter, it was on sheets of wax paper so I had a piece of a book shelf that I slid it on to and took it to and from the smoker like that. It was a little scary, but it worked out. Once it was cooked it was a little easier to handle and I used tongs to get it back on the shelf. What a freakin' blast that was. The cherry cobbler fattie with the cinnamon roll weave was reallllllly good. I ate almost that whole thing.

Comment

It was the most awesome entry I've ever seen in a TD, regardless of what site I've visited. Truely a talent ..... glad to see someone still lurking @ SMF grabbed the post!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
              Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
              sigpic

Comment

not lurking just popped over to look at this post and decided it was wasted on that bunch of 'jobsworths'
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Jobsworth...Now I know.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A jobsworth is a person who uses his or her job description in a deliberately uncooperative way, or who seemingly delights in acting in an obstructive or unhelpful manner.

"Jobsworth" is an almost exclusively British word deriving from the phrase "I can't do that, it's more than my job's worth" meaning that the risk of doing a task, or breaking a rule, is more than the person feels their job is worth. The Oxford English Dictionary describes it as British colloquial, and defines it as "A person in authority (esp. a minor official) who insists on adhering to rules and regulations or bureaucratic procedures even at the expense of common sense."[1] Jonathon Green similarly defines "jobsworth" as "a minor factotum whose only status comes from enforcing otherwise petty regulations".[2]

Phrases such as "that's not my department", "that's not in my job description", and "that's not my job" roughly reflect the attitude of a person to whom the term applies.
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

lol ya see, it's educational over here :-)

It's a great word and fits this occasion perfectly :-)
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Whoa...I thought I was opening just another "ol fatty thread"...

Now I gotta try a fatty stuffed with smoked steak and five cheeses...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                        It's a great word and fits this occasion perfectly :-)
                        For the record, I was the "Jobsworth" that had to unfortunately make the decision to follow the rules that were set for the event. I'm so glad Squirrel has been kind enough not to throw me under the table for that, but then again, she's a cool woman.

It was an absolutely amazing, and awesome entry. Nothing I've ever seen before, and she clearly orbits the smoking world on a much higher plane than I.

BBQ Engineer - thanks for providing the description of the term. Now it's clear to me, what I am.

sorry for taking the diversion into this mess, but if stones are thrown and they hit me in the eye ...
                        Last edited by sumosmoke; 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sumosmoke View Post
                          For the record, I was the "Jobworth" that had to unfortunately make the decision to follow the rules that were set for the event. I'm so glad Squirrel has been kind enough not to throw me under the table for that, but then again, she's a cool woman.

It was an absolutely amazing, and awesome entry. Nothing I've ever seen before, and she clearly orbits the smoking world on a much higher plane than I.

BBQ Engineer - thanks for providing the description of the term. Now it's clear to me, what I am.

sorry for taking the diversion into this mess, but if stones are thrown and they hit me in the eye ...
                          Does that make it a "Jobsworth Stone"?
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                            Does that make it a "Jobsworth Stone"?
                            Touché, I think it might!!

sigpic

Comment

BBQ Engineer - thanks for providing the description of the term. Now it's clear to me, what I am...
                              I have a pretty good command of the English language, and I had to look it up...I figured that I might as well go home early...I learned my one thing for the day before lunch!
                              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

For the record, I was the "Jobsworth" that had to unfortunately make the decision to follow the rules that were set for the event. I'm so glad Squirrel has been kind enough not to throw me under the table for that, but then again, she's a cool woman.
                                Sigh... I feel for ya Laurel I'm glad I was not put in that position.

And no one's tossing rocks at you- perhaps at the "system" is a better description. Something that pickyoonish could have easily been overlooked I figger. Silly rule anyway. What if an entry has a soup? THAT would be ugly eh?
                                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                                X