3 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snarlingiron View Post
    Fair warning. I had it on a magnetic bar above my stove. I reached for it about 2 weeks ago and bumped it. It began to fall, and yep, I instinctively grabbed for it and laid open the web between my index finger and thumb. Four stitches. Pretty much healed now. It is now in a drawer. Too heavy for the magnetic bar.
    the 14" wusthof I have stays in a blade guard in the drawer for that very reason. Glad you only needed 4 stitches.
    Kent [sigpic

Lang 36" Patio
    GMG Daniel Boone
    Husker Red UDS V.2014
    22" Black Weber Kettle V.1988
    40" MES V. 2
    British Racing Green Thermapen w/Glow-in-the-dark silicone boot!
    Thermapen Smoke

Comment

The Chargriller POS was mentioned a couple of times...In the 200 range I think...Mine served me well for years (and still does sometimes) till I bought my OK Joe Longhorn...My longhorn is a very old one which is MUCH better quality than the new version...But the new one is in the 400 range which leaves some $$$ for the weber grill...Its all good...

In the price range you are lookin at, Whatever you buy will be a step down from the comp rig you're used to...Just something to think about...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Anyone know anything about either a Outdoor Leisure Smoke Hollow, or Rivergrille Farmer's? Also, there is a 24 year old OK Joe's on Craigslist, they want $600 and looks in pretty good shape?

Comment

Originally posted by jaketrey32 View Post
          Also, there is a 24 year old OK Joe's on Craigslist, they want $600 and looks in pretty good shape?
          Run, Forrest~!

If it's in good shape... get it.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I will contact him rich!

What if I could come up with a little extra money, say up to $1200, what would you do then, Lang or Yoder?

Comment

I will contact him rich!

What if I could come up with a little extra money, say up to $1200, what would you do then, Lang or Yoder?
              Lang..... you can still use it when the red force detonates an EMP device, and renders awesome customer service ineffective.......
              Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

If you have a Bass Pro Shops in your area you could look into a Horizon offset... http://www.basspro.com/Horizon-Smoke...duct/10202039/

They are a lil more expensive since I picked mine up bhut I believe it is still well worth the money. This is a smoker that will last a lifetime, I love mine.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                  If you have a Bass Pro Shops in your area you could look into a Horizon offset... http://www.basspro.com/Horizon-Smoke...duct/10202039/

They are a lil more expensive since I picked mine up bhut I believe it is still well worth the money. This is a smoker that will last a lifetime, I love mine.
                  How much meat can you fit on this. Will it fit a brisket, two pork butts, 4 racks of ribs and 10 chicken thighs?

Comment

How much meat can you fit on this. Will it fit a brisket, two pork butts, 4 racks of ribs and 10 chicken thighs?
                    You looking to compete? Forget the chicken...you do that on a separate cooker typically... drum or kettle.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Not on the 16", you would have to step up to the 20" or 24". A couple small racks of ribs & a pork butt is aboot all I can fit in my 16" Classic.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                      Paul

Comment

Yes, generally I do ribs and chicken on a different smoker than the brisket and butt because I use different wood, but I was just trying to get an idea of what I could fit?

Comment

Anyone know anything about either a Outdoor Leisure Smoke Hollow, or Rivergrille Farmer's? Also, there is a 24 year old OK Joe's on Craigslist, they want $600 and looks in pretty good shape?

Jump on that! That is when they made them like tanks!
                          Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                          Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                          A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                          A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                          Frogmats
                          Maverick ET 732
                          Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Hell I cant fit all that on my Longhorn 20 at one time...

Might also be sure the $600 Ok Joe is a 20 inch...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

The OK Joe is a 16"

Comment

Do you have a commercial restaurant / bar supplier in your area? If so that is where you should be looking for knives, not to mention other various BBQ essentials and non-essentials.

Once I go in those places I can hardly leave.
                                Black 22.5" Weber
                                Copper Mist 22.5" Weber
                                Black 18.5" Weber
                                Weber Platinum Series II gasser
                                18.5" WSM
                                Large BGE
                                Traeger Texas Style w/cold smoker attachment
                                Two 55 gallon UDS's
                                Mini 16 gallon UDS
                                Charm-Glow gasser

www.ultimatedrumsmoker.com

Comment