Discada Tacos For The Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discada Tacos For The Family

My sis, niece, nephew, and mom paid us a visit...whew! They about wore me out. When they are here we always pull out the stops and go non stop. I told them we were making something new to them, and they were super impressed with the outcome.

I started with some roasted poblanos...

Then some homemade bacon...

The other ingredients patiently waited their turn...

Onions went into the bacon grease...

Red Peppers next...

Noticing a theme here...everything just keeps getting added one at a time...layering on the flavors. Next went in the Chorizo Sausage...That stuff really added to the grease pool!

Now a lb of ground beef and a lb of ground pork...right into the bacon and chorizo grease. Things were really smelling fantastic.

Now a lb of chipotle marinated skirt steak and pork tenerloin diced up into 1/2" pieces including the chipotle marinade.

I cooked this down and then used my wok scoop and pulled the grease out of the disc.

Added a lb of diced little smokies...

Poblano peppers...and some Adobo seasoning.

Some White Corn tortillas around the edge to warm up and a sprinkle of Cilantro.

This was served with cheese, guacamole, salsa, and a squeeze of lime. This is where my pics cut off, because when I Yelled "come and get it"...I had to jump out of the way to save my own life. It smelled fantastic, and it tasted even better. We destroyed almost all of that pan. I rolled a few enchiladas with the leftovers...SO GOOD!!
    Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 06-20-2017, 08:12 PM.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

I can't give enough for that. Freaking awesome

Comment

Outstanding cook That really looked tasty
      Jim

Comment

Holy Taco Fest Batman!

Comment

Dana That is the authentic deal
          When I first got mine I did a scaled down version...I was cooking for two...
          You knocked that out of the park!!!
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Mue taco bueno!
            Last edited by Mark R; 06-20-2017, 08:25 PM.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

What's your heat source Dana? So far I just been using charcoal with mine...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                What's your heat source Dana? So far I just been using charcoal with mine...
                Craig, I've been using one of my turkey burners (don't have a weber to stick under it)...but I'm going to get a banjo burner like this and modify it with a stair step wok ring or maybe get a 32 jet wok burner like this and build the stand. I found this one and thought this would bring some serious heat and it's large in diameter...I'd have to put together a stand with a wok ring but that isn't to far outside of my capabilities...Hmmmmm...choices, choices.
                Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 06-20-2017, 09:01 PM.
                BBQ Eng.

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Bravo!

What's the key to keep rust away on a rig like that?
                  sigpic

Comment

very nice BBQ!
                    ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      Bravo!

What's the key to keep rust away on a rig like that?
                      Seasoning...just like cast iron. Mine is 24" so it outsizes my burner by a lot...but I'll get it there on the edges...I've held the disk over the burner on the edges...I have a couple of rounds of seasoning on the edges but I have more to do once I get a larger more stable burner so I can move it around better. Ideally the disk has different heat zones so you can pull stuff out of the hot center and let it rest in the warm but not sizzling outer zones while you cook in the center. Also, I have fried okra in it and a small amount of oil makes a large puddle to fry with due to the concavity.
                      BBQ Eng.

Comment

Well that is some heavy duty hardware you showed in your links...

When I tried seasoning mine (22 incher) the turkey fryer just heated the center...But after playing with it for a while I think that is all I want for cooking most things...When using charcoal I just make a small pile in the center but with the open space at the top of the grill it is almost impossible to bring down the heat when it creeps too high...I'll get it figured out because I just like burning coals

I'll be real interested in seeing what you finally end up with...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                          Seasoning...just like cast iron. Mine is 24" so it outsizes my burner by a lot...but I'll get it there on the edges...I've held the disk over the burner on the edges...I have a couple of rounds of seasoning on the edges but I have more to do once I get a larger more stable burner so I can move it around better. Ideally the disk has different heat zones so you can pull stuff out of the hot center and let it rest in the warm but not sizzling outer zones while you cook in the center. Also, I have fried okra in it and a small amount of oil makes a large puddle to fry with due to the concavity.
                          Yep! This man is headed in the right direction...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                              Thank you, that's what I figured

I guess I forgot to ask aboot storing it also (sorry)..... Do you make sure its seasoned, when putting it away, then store it in a dry spot, uncovered?

Sorry for all the questions, got a Blackstone coming and apparently, they do not "Thrive on neglect" which I am used to.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X