Smoked Twice Baked taters w pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking spuds Erain.

I love twice baked and never thought to smoke them. Have grilled them but no smoke yet. Thanks
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

OK Erain, that does it! I'm coming to Minnesota just as soon as I get back from Northwest Oklahoma. Gotta run, I think Cowgirl has dinner ready!
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Those are sooooo good aren't they, erain? I made some last weekend too. They're addictive. Looks great, as usual.

RSands, not sure how erain did his, but this time I threw mine in the micro first. Then smoked them. Much better.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Awesome lookin 2X smoked taters E!
          Brian
          http://www.youtube.com/user/btjohnson83
          You can follow me on twitter at
          http://www.twitter.com/btjohnson83

CGSP w/ mods
          38" Smoke Hollow/early fathers day gift, yay!
          wally world kettle grill

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
            RSands, not sure how erain did his, but this time I threw mine in the micro first. Then smoked them. Much better.
            i had the smoker goin and the taters were the first thing in while i was doing prep work on other stuff and gettin the roast seared and stuff, so they prolly had the smoker for a couple hours to themselves. if ya doin these and when you ready to scoop them out and they still not tender all the way through i would finish them off in the micwave for a couple minutes to get them done through. nothing beats slathering them with olive oil and a whole bunch a sea salt and smokin them though. imho. thks folks!!!
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Man! I GOTTA try these, they look super. I've been looking for smoked potatoes recipes.
              Years ago at a restaurant in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan I had smoked, fried potatoes with breakfast and have been wanting more ever since.
              I like the idea of nuking tham first. I might do that, then cut them into fat wedges to smoke so I get more smoke in/on them, then bring them in to cube up and fry in some hot bacon grease.

This is gonna be GOOD!

John

Comment

Looks great! Maybe thiis Saturday. LOL
                sigpic

My Facebook page
                http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...Q/131613189083

Comment

that works
                  Terry here
                  Still have Christene

Comment

Great lookin' spuds. I love them done that way .....
                    Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                    GOSM x 2
                    Vermont Casting Grill
                    Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

are these twice smoked?

or baked and then smoked?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

I have tried your recipe steve, even had the lovly Deb give me the info on it. I was smoking cheesburgers and the twice smoked taters that night when I called you. But then I said I was just using the watt burner seeins how I didn't want to fire up the big gun for a couple burgers and you said "WHAT WATT BURNER" I outta hang up on you right now LOL. I did take pic's of the whole meal but just never posted. All was great by the way.

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                        are these twice smoked?

or baked and then smoked?

Comment

doing em tonite......i HAD a step by step over at the dark side, but was lost in that twilight zone over there..........so will be doin a step by step tutorial on em tonite.

Having em with a smoked Flat Iron steak, with smoked corn.........

tomorrow, spares, and dutchs beans, using your sponge for biskets

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Sounds like a great dinner. We have the grandkids here since thursday while the daughter and S-I-L went to bristol till sometime tommorrow. I just got done picking about 100 ears of corn, but they are on the small side, only filled the wheel barrel up 3/4. I hope my late corn will be a lot bigger but the little buggers sure do taste good.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                              Sounds like a great dinner. We have the grandkids here since thursday while the daughter and S-I-L went to bristol till sometime tommorrow. I just got done picking about 100 ears of corn, but they are on the small side, only filled the wheel barrel up 3/4. I hope my late corn will be a lot bigger but the little buggers sure do taste good.
                              you going to smoke em like i do?

can't wait to try your butter method, tho its for the FIRST step of buttering..........lol

Comment

Not tonight. running out of time here, I still need to run to town, But I will be trying your smoked corn recipe when my late corn comes in. This stuff is maybe only 7 inches but filled out nice and I am just going to call the neighbors and see if they want some corn. I really would just be better eatin now instead of heating up the big pot to blanch and freeze. I will eating about a dozen myself tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X