No announcement yet.

Appetizers? Help Me Oot Please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd bring the heat on some Redneck Bar Firecrackers and maybe some Gator Sliders!

BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
      I am partial to the bacon wrapped jalapeno cheddar sausage balls!!! just me though.. if you need the link let me know... I think you have it!!
      Can't disagree with this one. They are almost the perfect food.
      MES 30"
      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
      Weber 22" kettle
      E-Z-Que rotisserie
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Big Weber Gasser
      Cracker Smoker
      UDS

Comment

Living in the Frozen Tundra the requirements are some sort of cheese dish, a meat dish, and something unique.
        We like to do a good cheese dip that usually involves Fontina cheese, add some sharp cheeses for a unique flavor.
        Usually brat balls or MH wings, or both!
        We like ABTs with raspberry preserves and cream cheese. Can you say sweet-hot?
        And one of our all time favorites (and everyone else's) .....
        PINEAPPLE CHIPOTLE MANGO GUACAMOLE

http://www.californiaavocado.com/rec...ango-guacamole

GO PACK!

Comment

Originally posted by frog1369 View Post
          We like to do a good cheese dip that usually involves Fontina cheese, add some sharp cheeses for a unique flavor.
          Hmm I love Fontina! I'd be interested in the recipe sir!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Hmm I love Fontina! I'd be interested in the recipe sir!
            Rich,
            It's nothing fancy, it's an old Martha Stewart Recipe for an Artichoke Dip that we modify to our liking:

Recipe as is works and tastes good.
            Sometimes we omit the artichokes and add Chipotles with Adobo Sauce and Chorizo - my favorite ... you can also do the same with Asadero or Chihuahua cheese instead of Fontina
            You can mix in Half and Half in place of the cream cheese if you like - 1/4 - 1/2 cup
            Of course you can just omit the artichokes altogether (When I do this I like to use roasted garlic, lots of roasted garlic, yum) I've played with it plain like this and added some blue cheese crumbles, interesting but the jury is still out on this one for me

So, after all that, here is Martha's recipe to start with. Enjoy!

• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
            • 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced small
            • 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
            • 3 cans (14 ounces each) whole artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
            • 1/3 cup dry white wine
            • 4 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature
            • 2 1/4 cups cubed fontina cheese (about 3/4 pound)
            • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
            • 8 pitas, each cut into 6 wedges

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add artichokes and wine; cook until liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes.
            2. Remove skillet from heat and stir in Neufchatel until blended. Fold in 1 1/4 cups fontina and parsley. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup fontina. Bake until golden and bubbling, 30 minutes.
            3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss pitas with 1 tablespoon oil; spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm dip with pita chips.

Comment

My wife made philly cheesesteak dip in the crockpot for our last get-together and it was a huge hit. Not smoked, but I suppose you could smoke the steak beforehand and make it even better.

1½ cups GRILLED and small chopped thin cut shoulder steak
              2 Tablespoons olive oil
              1 cup diced onion
              1 cup diced green pepper
              8 oz. cream cheese, softened
              ½ cup mayo
              4 oz. shredded or chopped provolone cheese

We used tritip steaks and seared 'em real good in the CI skillet so they had nice color on the outside but still rare on the inside, then diced 'em up real small (I couldn't resist eating a couple slices while cutting ) and back into the skillet with some johnny's seasoning salt to finish cooking. Remove the steak from the skillet, and saute the pepper and onion in the pan drippings with a little olive oil until tender. Then mix up the rest of the stuff in a bowl until well combined, add the steak and vege's and into the crockpot on low for a couple hours, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and the cheese is all melty and good. Serve with chips or toasted baguette slices.

You won't be able to stop eating it. We made a double batch and our small 6 person party pretty much demolished it all.

Pic from the interwebs:
              Last edited by PitRow; 01-15-2015, 11:11 AM.
              Mike
              Life In Pit Row

Comment

you could always smoke the cream cheese
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  you could always smoke the cream cheese
                  Well if you really wanted to you could probably do the whole thing in the smoker. The original recipe called for cooking it in the oven, but we found for taking it to a party that the crockpot was easier. But no reason you couldn't sub the smoker for the oven and smoke the whole thing. 350 for 20-25 minutes is what the recipe called for.

Or you could smoke the individual ingredients, well except the mayo , and then combine.
                  Last edited by PitRow; 01-15-2015, 11:09 AM.
                  Mike
                  Life In Pit Row

Comment

thanks... Wife does and artichoke dip that's not bad a'tall but I'd like this better I believe...
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Here's another idea that is very good. It's best to cook the bacon half way before wrapping them so you don't over grill or smoke the shrimp.

As for the jalapenos, you can have the heat or just core them and they are very mild.

Pete
                      Large BGE
                      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Pork-a-bobs or Acorn Squash Fondue

I haven't tried these yet, butt they look fantastic... Meatball Bomb

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Scott----Funny you should mention that!!!

As soon as I saw "Appetizers", I thought "SQWIB".

Looks like you got a lot of other help too.

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I knowed you knowed this hasta be on the gig!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

These would be good with a little heat added and smoked. Bacon Cheeseburger Balls
                              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                              Pink Thermapen
                              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Bacon wrapped scallops. Smoke, seared. Top with diced Serrano and shredded havarti. Go light on the cheese. Stuffed mushrooms. Smoked tomato roasted soup. Three bottles of Tito's vodka and a bottle of buffalo trace bourbon. Game over? Order pizza and wings. Ibuprofen and ice water the next morning. Just sayin'.....
                                sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Working...
                                X