No announcement yet.

Mrs. Gunslinger's Jalapeņo Hot Dog Relish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto..... There is NO WAY that would not be fantastic.... Thanks Tom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
      Hey Tom,

I'm going to make some of this in the next couple of evenings. Like your idea of grinding. I'm assuming a large holed plate. Would think you get a lot of liquid when doing it this way. Do you add it too, and does it affect the end product? Once it's done and canned, do you need to leave it sit for a while? Seems almost like pickling.

Sorry for all the questions. Can't wait to try this. Have some all beef, natural cased weiners in the freezer, just begging me to make this. Hehe.
      Yep, 1/4 inch plate. It's perfect for relish. Don't drain. Adjust consistency just before you fill the jars and you're good to go.
      We let them sit for at least 4 weeks.
      It adds a whole new dimension to burgers and dogs.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        Yep, 1/4 inch plate. It's perfect for relish. Don't drain. Adjust consistency just before you fill the jars and you're good to go.
        We let them sit for at least 4 weeks.
        It adds a whole new dimension to burgers and dogs.
        Thank you, sir. 4 weeks!? You're cruel!
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

On a scale of 1 to 10 about how HOT is this stuff Tom? ..... I'm the only one in my house that likes HOT.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            On a scale of 1 to 10 about how HOT is this stuff Tom? ..... I'm the only one in my house that likes HOT.
            Scott it's pretty hot. But, you can use just a little for flavor or a lot for the heat.
            My kids and I don't care fore heat either, but we all eat this relish because it's so good.

Tom

Comment

Holy crap! This stuff rocks!!! Tom, if the missus isn't mad at you for posting her recipe, tell her thank you. Wow! Oh, and the grinder is definitely the way to go.

Scott, on a scale of 1-10 I'd say maybe a 5? Think the sriracha is hotter. Would depend on the jalapenos used too.

Oh, and points for sharing this recipe!
              Last edited by RowdyRay; 07-24-2010, 10:27 AM.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Holy crap! This stuff rocks!!! Tom, if the missus isn't mad at you for posting her recipe, tell her thank you. Wow! Oh, and the grinder is definitely the way to go.

Scott, on a scale of 1-10 I'd say maybe a 5? Think the sriracha is hotter. Would depend on the jalapenos used too.

Oh, and points for sharing this recipe!
                She says "you're very welcome."

Tom

Comment

Louie just checked the recipe. Headed to town to get some goodie's. She's on this! Thanks from us as well!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Just made a batch got 14 1/2 pint jars awesome stuff thank you very much
                    sigpicJack

Bradley Original
                    Centro Electric Digital Smoker
                    Walmart propane upright
                    little chief electric
                    7 in 1 masterbuilt
                    7x7 wood/elec/propane in the works

Comment

B U M P
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        B U M P
                        Bump my Ass... Best if ya get on some Fish Daddy! I still got some canned!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks for the recipe Gunny it sounds delicious, and thank you Fish for the bump.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you Mrs. Gunslinger!!

Haven't done much canning, but I can follow a recipe. This shit is HOT!
                            Keith

Comment

A bump for those who have not discovered this or tried it yet.

I'm on the third batch. Can't keep the stuff in the house. The first batch was some japs from the store and I removed about half the seeds. Worried it would be too hot. Lame! Like store bought relish. The second batch was from my japs and left the seeds in. Better.

This last summer was horrible for peppers and mine didn't do squat. So I stopped into a farmers market and this guy had some. Bought a pound. Wanted to make ABTs. Holy Hanna! Habanero hot! I'm not kidding. We almost couldn't eat the things. Almost. (lotsa laughs and a lotsa beer) Went back the next week and bought 4 lbs. Lol. This batch will light you up!

I have a friend that I kid could eat oven cleaner and not flinch. She almost cried. (And punched me) It's that hot.

You don't have to make it that hot, but play around with it, give it a try. Thanks again Mrs. Gunny.
                              S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

A bump for those who have not discovered this or tried it yet.

I'm on the third batch. Can't keep the stuff in the house. The first batch was some japs from the store and I removed about half the seeds. Worried it would be too hot. Lame! Like store bought relish. The second batch was from my japs and left the seeds in. Better.

This last summer was horrible for peppers and mine didn't do squat. So I stopped into a farmers market and this guy had some. Bought a pound. Wanted to make ABTs. Holy Hanna! Habanero hot! I'm not kidding. We almost couldn't eat the things. Almost. (lotsa laughs and a lotsa beer) Went back the next week and bought 4 lbs. Lol. This batch will light you up!

I have a friend that I kid could eat oven cleaner and not flinch. She almost cried. (And punched me) It's that hot.

You don't have to make it that hot, but play around with it, give it a try. Thanks again Mrs. Gunny.
                                Hey RR, we've been mixing 50/50 with sweet bananas, cucumbers, sweet green, etc. Some folks around here don't care for the fire hot, so we have to tame it down a bit. Cheryl sure appreciates you guys accolades.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X