Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings, Chili, Breakfast and Cake - Multiple DO Cooks w/ Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becky, I would love a pictoral DO cookbook. You would make a fortune! Nice work yet again! !
    Don

Humphrey's Pint
    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
    Anova One Sous Vide
    AMPS
    Purple Thermapen
    Maverick ET-733
    DigIQ DX2
    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

I wish I had those dutch oven skills. Heck I with I had a dutch oven.
      Propane Smoke Shack
      UDS
      Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
      sigpic

Comment

Good looking grub!!! I will have to try these soon!!

I enjoy watching Pioneer Woman shows, not for her cooking, she has just basic recipes, and if I'm looking up recipes for something, I'm looking up for something different not all house wifey stuff, heck I already do that...but I do enjoy watching about he as a ranchers wife and how different their lives are than mine. I started reading her blog a few years back for just that very reason. I've only ever tried actually one of her recipes, which when you read it, actually came from Ruth's Chris Steak house. This recipe is soooooo worth trying, OMG it's so rich and groan worthy. This recipe says you can use vanilla instead of a bean, but in my opinion you must use the bean! I'll be making this again soon since the berry season is almost upon us!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...h-sweet-cream/
        Mustang electric smoker
        King Kooker vertical gasser
        Charbroil silver smoker
        Earnhardt Jr smoker
        Brinkman smoke n' grill
        a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Awesome for sure... Looks like some great chili there. I know you dont like venison , but if you ever get the chance to get some ground stuff, try making chili from it. is absolutly the bestest.

Like those dumplings you made also, I bet they were great and can only imagine fresh out of the DO they had to be super. screamin for ice cream like you mentioned.

And then just for the heck of it you bske a cupla cakes. shhesh you for sure got the DO thing rocking!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Thanks becky,I have afew old cast skillets that my ma left me and a chicken fryer I love this for making sausage gravy in,I just ordered a lodge 10 in. shallow DO,cant wait to try it!

Comment

Just saw this, you are a total food goddess in my eyes. Positively excellent DO magic Becky!
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Becky, I'll never tire of your CI posts. Keep them coming. It all looks great. As usual. But those apple dumplings sound awesome!

Was planning to make the chocolate pudding cake in the big Lodge DO up north on Memorial weekend. Now I need to get more supplies. Lol.
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

Thanks again, EVERYONE!!

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
                  Becky, I would love a pictoral DO cookbook. You would make a fortune!
                  I wouldn't know where to start.

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
                  I enjoy watching Pioneer Woman shows, not for her cooking, she has just basic recipes, and if I'm looking up recipes for something, I'm looking up for something different not all house wifey stuff, heck I already do that...but I do enjoy watching about he as a ranchers wife and how different their lives are than mine.
                  OK, Shell, I admit, I haven't really given her a chance. I think the reason I don't care for her is my SIL is a huge fan and talked about her so much that I think I just decided I wasn't going to like her. And then one day I saw her kitchen and thought, why in the hell is she called the Pioneer Woman with a kitchen like that! OK, I'm going to have to check her out a little more. I do like Marlboro Man though.

Originally posted by erain View Post
                  Awesome for sure... Looks like some great chili there. I know you don't like venison , but if you ever get the chance to get some ground stuff, try making chili from it. is absolutely the bestest.
                  I actually have had venison chili several years ago and I finished my bowl. Then I was told it was deer meat. But yes, I do remember it was very good chili.

Originally posted by kave View Post
                  I just ordered a lodge 10 in. shallow DO,cant wait to try it!
                  Yay! Can't wait to see some posts on your new DO. What are you going to cook first in it?

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                  Just saw this, you are a total food goddess in my eyes. Positively excellent DO magic Becky!
                  Thanks! You are always so nice, Jim!

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                  Was planning to make the chocolate pudding cake in the big Lodge DO up north on Memorial weekend. Now I need to get more supplies. Lol.
                  Can't wait to see some pics from that weekend!
                  Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

Great post, everything looks really impressive!!
                    Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Comment

Do give her a little chance...she actually makes fun of herself as a ranchers wife. She grew up in OK, but he dad was a doctor and she was a ballerina, then went to USC, moved back home after grad and was going to move to Chicago, but a chance meeting with Marlboro Man and that was that...she still doesn't really ride horses, but they have a gator she get out on when they do cattle. And her kitchen!!! I would kill for! That's actually at a lodge on their property...another reason I check out her website is she does give away's usually at least once a week. Today if you comment in her one section you have a chance to win one of three Le Cruset saucier's. But she also does kitchen aid's, and lots of other cool stuff. Like I said the recipe's are just general recipe's, nothing really difficult or strange, she just interesting because she has a way different life than I do with the ranching.
                      Mustang electric smoker
                      King Kooker vertical gasser
                      Charbroil silver smoker
                      Earnhardt Jr smoker
                      Brinkman smoke n' grill
                      a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Working...
                      X