No announcement yet.

Deals on Charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No limit @ Home Depot, bought 240 lbs for $59.28. That oughta hold me for a bit.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
      No limit @ Home Depot, bought 240 lbs for $59.28. That oughta hold me for a bit.

Nice!!!

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

A buddy & me split a pallet from Wal-Mart..... $233.... 900 pounds! ......... Should last a while
        Last edited by Fishawn; 05-25-2013, 03:45 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          A buddy & me split a pallet from Wal-Mart..... $233.... 900 pounds! ......... Should last a while
          Dang that is a bunch of coal.... guess I do the same with pellets... 1/2 ton at a time...LOL

I picked up 80 more lbs yesterday... should be good to go for a while!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
            Dang that is a bunch of coal.... guess I do the same with pellets... 1/2 ton at a time...LOL

I picked up 80 more lbs yesterday... should be good to go for a while!
            I like paying less than half the normal price for stuff I use year round. 1/2 a ton? You are crazy! Lol
            sigpic

Comment

900 LBS? Man, you don't mess around, do ya?
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

crazy...

Gotta ask, you cats that love the blue bag... have you tried cooking with lump & prefer the blue bag?

I went with a 20# bag of Grove lump for this last cook $10. One ring lasted 14 hours on the WSM.....
                Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

I have used lump, but its been a while. Will pick up some more and try again someday. The KBB is predictable for grilling for me, and cheap. I like it for what I do, though it is really ashy on long cooks and tends to clog up the WSM which sucks. Anymore, I typically do butts n briskets on the Performers for smoke and finish in a big roaster. Ribs or anything else all on Performers. Just me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                    crazy...

Gotta ask, you cats that love the blue bag... have you tried cooking with lump & prefer the blue bag?

I went with a 20# bag of Grove lump for this last cook $10. One ring lasted 14 hours on the WSM.....

I picked up 400 pounds yesterday, not for smoking but for grilling.. The restaurant lump I buy has some really large chunks in it.. Great for my Longhorn but sux with my Weber.. Plus I'm in the hunt for a Stok Tower grill or Drum.. Been burning through CL with no luck. I did find one for 50 bones down where I hunt but it was an Ad from April..
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Right on. Blue bag is ok for grilling, although i like the heat lump kicks out. I just have an issue with the filler kingsford uses. All that ash...

Whatever works its all good... Unless its matchlight...
                      Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                        Right on. Blue bag is ok for grilling, although i like the heat lump kicks out. I just have an issue with the filler kingsford uses. All that ash...

Whatever works its all good... Unless its matchlight...
                        I use the Blue bag in my kettle which I haven't tried any long cooks yet. So far I've only done steaks, tri tip, etc. I have yet to try a butt or ribs or anything that requires a long cook. Any time I need a long cook I seem to use my UDS and I burn lump in that. I need to try a longer cook in my kettle and see how it performs.
                        Propane Smoke Shack
                        UDS
                        Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                        sigpic

Comment

I use blue bag pretty much exclusively. I have nothing to compare it to except the kingsford comp. I can get and easy six plus hours out of mikey's basket which isn't a lot of fuel.
                          I tried lump once and liked it. Thing is I had trouble with temps as it was new to me. I get so few chances to smoke anything that I have to go with what I know. That is with my kettles. Putting the drum together in two weeks . I will most likely give lump a try again then.
                          Weber Smoky Joe
                          18" Weber Silver
                          22.5" Weber Gold
                          22.5" Weber Silver
                          UDS X 2
                          Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                          Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                          Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                          Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                          Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                          Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                          Blackstone three burner flat top