Costco or Sam's Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
    Fresh Shrimp....in Chicago??? Gulf shrimp or farm raised?
    Farm raised, but salt water. Biding my time til the next batch is ready.
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

The problem with Costco is that I cannot step through the door without spending at least $200.00.
      hell yeah to that.

There are a bunch of other discount warehouses in my area - none of them are cheaper than normal supermarkets (weird but true) and they are all without exception, grotty, cold and lacking in choice).

Costco saves us a bunch of money on things like dogfood, milk, household supplies.
      The meat is excellent - the tubs of black peppercorns and other single spices are seriously cheap.
      And it's the only place I've ever found to get decent sized shrimp in the uk.

Probably wouldn't eat at the food court as it just looks like cheap greasy junkfood :-)

But the best bit is if you're a trade member - between 10-12 you get free coffee and cakes/cookies/muffins/croissants etc.
      Plus the general public aren't allowed in till 12:00 so you can wander around in relative peace :-)

Don't know if this is the same in the states But I would think it would be.

Oh yeah and it's the ONLY place I've ever found that I can buy, deboned, skinned and trimmed pork shoulder steaks/joints - which i make all my sausage out of. Zero waste and I don't have to spend anytime trimming.
      Just cut, grind and mix.

It's a 45 minute ne way trip to our nearest in derby, but we always save more than enough to make it worth the trip.

Oh yeah and the picture on my membership card makes me look like a columbian drug dealer:

Attached Files
      Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-16-2013, 06:15 AM.
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

We belong to both Costco and Sam's and by far prefer Costco. In fact we are letting our Sam's membership go away this year. There is also another smaller store chain here called Cash and Carry that is local to Seattle and Portland that has great meats and good prices. They are a restaurant supply store.

Traeger il' Tex
        Traeger PTG
        Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain gas
        Weber Genesis 330s
        Big Chief

Comment

That's my 2 go-to's, Costco (anywhere) and Cash and Carry, Bellingham.
          Weber 22.5
          Lil Chief
          1950's Crosley Shelvadore
          Bradley Smoker
          Maverick ET732
          Nesco Dehydrator
          Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

Back in the beginning Costco would open an hour or 2 for trade members, but not anymore. $200.00 would be a low record for me, I'm easily double to triple that. I'm just glad the wife doesn't go there at all.

Hmmm, Columbian drug dealer hiding out in England, makes sense!
            Weber 22.5
            Lil Chief
            1950's Crosley Shelvadore
            Bradley Smoker
            Maverick ET732
            Nesco Dehydrator
            Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

Working...
            X