Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your going to be a hit at the party for sure those fatties lookin good
    sigpic
    Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
    Great Out doors grill
    Brinkman verticle
    And one great UDS
    Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
      Did we have the bonfire yet??? Where's the pics....
      Easy Texas Hunter... they are going on the smoker in a few minutes and they will be ready for tonight's bonfire. Low and sloooooooowwww. Right?

Pics to follow soon. I promise!
      “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
      Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
      - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

Comment

I still want to know why you can't have a bonfire party at the weekend (still, lol)
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Altho we live in Michigan, we still know you don't have a bonfire party on a weeknight, Ken ;{)
          Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          I didn't see where he said it was the weekend... I did see on the first fattie and chuckie he popped it in the frig till morning... I'm just sayin...
          Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          why not ?
          I see we need a ruling on this. I'll state my opinion and we'll see where we end up.

Bonfire parties are generally held on the weekend. Although many people have small gatherings around a fire, ie on a camping trip, etc., a true "bonfire party" is reserved for the weekends when (most) people don't have to work the following day, thus allowing for the most fun. In some cases, a bonfire party can take place during the work week, but the scale may be less due to the work:fun ratio.

Now, given the time of year in this instance, Friday night is the only obvious choice for a "bonfire party". Saturday is college football party day, and Sunday is NFL football party day; both could involve fire, but in my opinion these are classified under football as the main event and the fire, though impressive as it may be, is secondary.

“Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
          - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

More pics as promised!

Two nekked fatties waiting for some rub

El Chuck-o w/ extra rub applied ready to go in the smoker

And just before going in the smoker, the fatties got a sprinkle of rub

Updates to follow as they become available.
            - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              I see we need a ruling on this. I'll state my opinion and we'll see where we end up.
              Very nice. I was dreading explaining this to the Brit. Those folk are SOOO backward...
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Very nice. I was dreading explaining this to the Brit. Those folk are SOOO backward...
                I deal with Brits often with work. You just have to be patient.

Anyway.... smoker is at 225-230ish and I am using mostly hickory. I had a few scraps of cherry, apple, and a tiny bit of mesquite that I needed to use up so I mixed them all together with the hickory. Hopefully it will be good.
                - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                  Hannibal, nice job - I'm sure you'll be a hit.

on that mushroom swiss fattie... I think I just found out what I'm doing this weekend... only mine will be with burger...

on the Leinenkugle
                  Thanks.

I like the burger better for the shrooms & swiss too, but I had (still have) some Jimmy Dean in the fridge that needed to be used. The other pack will be for some buscuits and gravy tomorrow morning. I love me some rich man's gravy.
                  - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

And the fatties are done!

Took them to 170 this time. I like them a little more on the done side. I am going to wrap them up and take them to the party tonight before I slice them open.

Anyone have any tips for reheating fatties? In the past, I have only let them set for 30 min or so before I sliced and ate them. I am not sure on these traveling fatties. I plan on throwing them in the oven when I get there for about 25 minutes or so @300 to heat them up. Bad idea?
                    - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Pro Job Hanni! ............................

Prepare for the Bonfire
                      sigpic

Comment

And for the Chuckie

Pre-slicing:

Sliced:

Now, if you will excuse me.... I have some eating to do!
                        - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Anyone have any tips for reheating fatties? In the past, I have only let them set for 30 min or so before I sliced and ate them. I am not sure on these traveling fatties. I plan on throwing them in the oven when I get there for about 25 minutes or so @300 to heat them up. Bad idea?
                          Anyone?? What about the grill?
                          - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Should be fine. If you have any left over meat juice, or even just a bit of water... add that and cover for the main part of the re-heat. Remove cover to finish.
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Should be fine. If you have any left over meat juice, or even just a bit of water... add that and cover for the main part of the re-heat. Remove cover to finish.
                              The chuckie is about gone... not worried about that.

It's just the fatties I am reheating.
                              - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Same with the fatty. Slice first.

Comment

Working...
                                X