Pizza Stone Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Stone Recommendations

Enough is enough.. After looking at Mark's & Ken's pizza's I have to have a good stone.. I did look back and found a few use pave stones and bricks.. I prefer not to go that route..

I am looking for a good stone.. Anyone have a good stone they use now and why you recommend it..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

I wish I could tell you the brand name of mine. I got it about 15 years ago & it is still going strong. It is a good brand & very dense like porcelian tile but no glaze. It is always in the oven. I say just buy a good one, not a roof tile or such. JMHO.
    MES 30"
    A-Maze-N pellet smoker
    Weber 22" kettle
    E-Z-Que rotisserie
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Big Weber Gasser
    Cracker Smoker
    UDS

Comment

Ken, the Dawgette and I have a 15" Pampered Chef stone, and we like it very much. Had it about 10 yrs now and works great, and always stays in the oven. But I really done see any difference between one pizza stone from another. But I for sure wouldn't use a terra cotta tile or the likes due it the chance it being glazed, clear coated, or the likes. Those were not made to be cooked on.

BTW, never use soap on them things. They come with a scraper, so just hot water rinse, scrap, and another rinse.

Take a look here:

http://www.pizzahomechef.com/stone-p...20stone%20tips
      Last edited by Crewdawg52; 08-14-2011, 09:31 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Well I don't know if you can get it any longer but my wife got this one from Pampered Chef. It works like nothing I have ever seen! As you can see it is well used and has been flawless.
        See if your wife knows someone that deals PC stuff. Maybe you can still score one.

G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Originally posted by 3montes View Post
          Well I don't know if you can get it any longer but my wife got this one from Pampered Chef. It works like nothing I have ever seen! As you can see it is well used and has been flawless.
          See if your wife knows someone that deals PC stuff. Maybe you can still score one.

Originally posted by Crewdawg52 View Post
          Ken, the Dawgette and I have a 15" Pampered Chef stone, and we like it very much. Had it about 10 yrs now and works great, and always stays in the oven. [/url]
          That's the same one we have.
          sigpic

Comment

So no real care other than scrapping and rinse?? No type of seasoning of the stone??
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I really can't recommend one, I just picked up the only one the Target store I was in had. I did look online for them, and found a pretty big range in price, but I got the stone, a big ol' pizza spatula (whatever they're called...) and a cutter in the set for $30. Only used twice, but is working well so far!
              Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
              Weber Performer
              Weber 22.5" OTG
              Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
              Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
              Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
              BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Crewdawg52 View Post
                That's the same one we have.
                We have the same one too. Don't have nothing to compare it to but it does the job. Thanks for the tip on the soap.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  So no real care other than scrapping and rinse?? No type of seasoning of the stone??
                  We did season it (asked the mrs). But once in use...... no soap. Just a rinse and scrap.

Here's a good link to the care of a stone.

http://www.recipepizza.com/pizza_stone.htm
                  Last edited by Crewdawg52; 08-14-2011, 09:29 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

http://www.redskygrilling.com/

They make one for the 22" weber kettle.
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

If I had to bet on it I would wager that mine is the exact same as this one.
                      MES 30"
                      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                      Weber 22" kettle
                      E-Z-Que rotisserie
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Big Weber Gasser
                      Cracker Smoker
                      UDS

Comment

Like ours too.
                        sigpic

Comment

I bought mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. To season, they recommend wiping with Crisco for the first few uses. I did that and never had pizza stick to it. Of course I use corn meal on the peel to help the pizza slide onto the stone. Bake at 500° for a perfect pizza.
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

My wife had tried a few different brands in the past and was unhappy with them. For the last 10 plus years all she will own is Pampered Chef stones; and now she owns plenty of them! I will see if I can get her to comment and share her knowledge...
                            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Ken,
                              Just received one from the wife and kids for my birthday at the end of July. I've only used it once, but cooked two pizza's on it, using it with the gas BBQ grill. This one is a square, Onieda from Bed Bath and Beyond... guess who recommended it!!

Worked very well, and FAST!! Heat stone to temp, use peel or cutting board to slide pizza onto it, and literally in 5 to 7 minutes you have a pizza. I burnt the crap outta the first one because I figured I would check it at the 10 minute mark.

The website is http://www.oneida.com/catalogsearch/...?q=pizza+stone

Care - yep, just scrap/wipe. The porous stone will soak up soap/cleaning agents.

One last thing... I was amazed at how long they will keep a pizza warm. I'm going to buy another one because with my herd, we usually have to cook two pies.

Comment

Working...
                              X