Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deals on Charcoal

Ok, I figure we'd better get our early birds looking for deals on those
    double 16 lb bags of Kingsford or whatever is showing up at the Sams, WalMart, Lowes, or Home Depot etc.

Some of us may have need to stock up when the big sales of the stuff
    come around and give the rest of a heads up when they see it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Originally posted by eDJ View Post
    double 16 lb bags of Kingsford or whatever is showing up at the Sams, WalMart, Lowes, or Home Depot etc.

You saying they're on sale somewhere?

All I know is I'm filling my garage with lump next fall. I roughed out the blue bag all winter.
    New Braunfels Black Diamond
    18.5" WSM
    Weber Performer Deluxe Black
    18.5 Weber Kettle
    22.5 Weber Kettle
    Maverick ET732
    6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

I.m getting 10# bags of Ozark Oak for $4.99 here in Tulsa. Best Choice lump is made by Royal Oak. Its my go to if I run out of Ozark but it is slightly more expensive. It is much more available though.
      sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Home depot had 2 20 pound bags of kingsford blue for 12.99 last weekend. I thought I posted it. Sorry if I did not.
        Weber Smoky Joe
        18" Weber Silver
        22.5" Weber Gold
        22.5" Weber Silver
        UDS X 2
        Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
        Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
        Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
        Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
        Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
        Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
        Blackstone three burner flat top
        5" AMZNPS
        Vortex x 2
        Maverick ET 73
        Maverick ET 732
        Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
        Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
        Pitmaster iQue 110
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eDJ View Post

Should start seeing them here soon with Cinco Da Mayo just around the corner and mid May before Memorial Day weekend..

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post

All I know is I'm filling my garage with lump next fall. I roughed out the blue bag all winter.

If you have a RD near by you may want to look into some Lazzari Lump I buy the 40 pound restaurant grade for just under $13.00 per bag.. Now some of the lump can be big chunks but I'm good with that.. Less I have to re-load the basket..

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
          I.m getting 10# bags of Ozark Oak for $4.99 here in Tulsa. Best Choice lump is made by Royal Oak. Its my go to if I run out of Ozark but it is slightly more expensive. It is much more available though.
          Sure miss my Best Choice here locally..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
            He's reminding us to keep an eye out and report it when they do. This time of year, several of the large retailers sell 2 big bags of Kingsford briquettes shrunk wrapped together for less than 10.00.

I'm watching. My son and neighbor are too.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Re:

I was in Lowes while ago and they had loads of the stuff in a corner. I looked closer and it was 2 20Lb bags shrinked together. I saw some on the shelves and it was priced at around $17.00 for the double bagger of 20 Lb Blue bag Kingsford.

They had a few bags of Lump I hadn't seen before. I'm going to start trying Lump this summer....I just haven't graduated to that yet. Can smoking get any better than Kingsford mixed with ALDI's ? I've been using that Match Light the guy gave me when I picked up the ECB in the yard sale for the minion. Great little minion charcoal. I give er a blast with my propane torch, and it's off to the races.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post

If you have a RD near by you may want to look into some Lazzari Lump I buy the 40 pound restaurant grade for just under $13.00 per bag.. Now some of the lump can be big chunks but I'm good with that..
                Thanks for the heads up on this, been wanting to try this brand.

For briquettes, performance and money wise you cannot beat Royal 0ak briquettes. 16 lb bags Typically around $6/ bag,
                Last edited by chisoxjim; 04-15-2013, 07:07 AM.
                Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                  For briquettes, performance and money wise you cannot beat Royal 0ak briquettes. 16 lb bags Typically around $6/ bag,
                  I've never seen their briquettes , always use their lump.
                  sigpic

The New Braunfels Black Diamond smoker
                  Assorted other meat burners/smokers

Comment

Anyone ever used "Wicked Good Charcoal" http://wickedgoodcharcoal.com/
                    This stuff looks really interesting
                    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productrevi...ettes/wgcb.htm
                    sigpic

The New Braunfels Black Diamond smoker
                    Assorted other meat burners/smokers

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke'n Dave View Post
                      right on, liked their lump so much I gave the briquettes a try and liked em.
                      Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

For those of you in Oklahoma, I just picked up some two packs of 16# Best Choice Hardwood Briquette (royal oak made) for $8.99 per pack. I bought everything they had at the Tulsa mid-town store so shop around at there other stores. 16# of Kingsford blue was $9
                        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Re:

Was just looking at WalMart's ad today. Two I5 Lb bags of Kingsford Red white and blue bag briquettes for $6.99

I don't know if this is Nationwide or not....so check your Sunday Paper ad's.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke'n Dave View Post
                            Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                            right on, liked their lump so much I gave the briquettes a try and liked em.
                            And I've never seen RO lump just bricks.

Comment

Here in Wisco the Wal-hell has the twin pack Kingsford $14.88 & Red bag RO for $6.50 which is not that great of a deal, however I have only been able to find the green bag round here for months so I picked up a few.
                              Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you only have today!

Comment

Working...
                              X