Maverick ET 732
    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
    2 orange ThermoPops
    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
    Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      ALL the Vortex cooks are with the lid...with the exception of jet exhaust sear mode...
      ..... For those that don't like the lid, and like a rare steak, lid is optional IMO ...... They can get HOT!
      sigpic

Comment

Hey folks..I just talked to TD...he's outta town for a bit. He'll be back Friday and take care of biz... FYI
        Thunderdome replied to me, but not sure how to pay him with pay pal.
        sigpic
        GMG Daniel Boone
        UDS
        Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
        Vision Kamado grill
        Weber Genesis Silver
        Smokin Tex
        MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
        Maverick ET 732
        Brown and lime green ThermaPens
        2 orange ThermoPops
        A-Maze-N Tube 18"
        A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
        Vortex

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderDome View Post
            PM sent
            Jeez, bout time! A person could get hooongry waitin on ya!

It's worth the wait, I promise!
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I'm still waitin for my PM.
              MES 30"
              A-Maze-N pellet smoker
              Weber 22" kettle
              E-Z-Que rotisserie
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Big Weber Gasser
              Cracker Smoker
              UDS

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
                I'm still waitin for my PM.
                L20.. I will have stock likely end of next week. Bill's got a new baby and been outta town on biz for 2 weeks..and headed back out next... but he's gonna ship me 30. Still working out shipping coats and logistics... but you'll have one one way or another before you really want to stand outside and use it

On edit" OK I forgot yer in FL... well...hang in there bud...we'z working on it.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

L20.. I will have stock likely end of next week. Bill's got a new baby and been outta town on biz for 2 weeks..and headed back out next... but he's gonna ship me 30. Still working out shipping coats and logistics... but you'll have one one way or another before you really want to stand outside and use it

On edit" OK I forgot yer in FL... well...hang in there bud...we'z working on it.
                  Just sent Bill a PM but I'm good with getting one from Rich. Geez, I need to stock up on some stuff anyway . . . GP Rub, Hot Whang, Italian Sausage Seasoning and the Jerky seasoning when it's ready.

Dave
                  CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                  UDS 1.0
                  Afterburner
                  Weber Performer
                  Blue Thermapen
                  Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                  Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                  Auber Smoker Controller
                  Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                  -
                  "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                    Just sent Bill a PM but I'm good with getting one from Rich. Geez, I need to stock up on some stuff anyway . . . GP Rub, Hot Whang, Italian Sausage Seasoning and the Jerky seasoning when it's ready.

Dave
                    And likely... I can fit 3-4 pounds of product in the same box FOR NO MORE SHIPPING COST :{)
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

And likely... I can fit 3-4 pounds of product in the same box FOR NO MORE SHIPPING COST :{)
                      I like the way you think!!

Dave
                      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                      UDS 1.0
                      Afterburner
                      Weber Performer
                      Blue Thermapen
                      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                      Auber Smoker Controller
                      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                      -
                      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

That's the way Rich shipped my Vortex...stuffed with spicy goodness!
                        Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
                        ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
                        Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
                        Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                          I like the way you think!!

Dave
                          Dave, come on - he don go dere! Thinkin chit!
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                            Dave, come on - he don do dere! Thinkin chit!
                            What? I try... and then this stuff comes across the radar.

Comment

What? I try... and then this stuff comes across the radar.
                              Kay, you really do! Just sounded good at the time.
                              Sorry Rich.
                              Mark
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's the "manual". I will call him in a bit - he SHOULD have stock by now..and I want to get some shipped to me so I can get them on the Mad Hunky site.

PLEASE thoroughly burn out the Vortex before cooking on it.

INDIRECT*Vortex goes Wide-End up. Coals go around it. Roast goes directly over Vortex. The coals are lit on one end and snake/minion their way around the kettle. The Vortex shape acts as the deflector for direct heat which is different than snaking the coals w/o the Vortex.

INDIRECT EXAMPLE HERE

DIRECT:*Picture the back of a jet engine where the fire shoots out. Load up the Vortex. Get coals set. Throw a steak or chop directly over it for about a minute per side. It will have a very nice sear across the whole steak, not just where the grate marks are happening. The Maillard Reaction is able to occur across surface area of the whole steak/chop. Check out this article when you get a minute. Once seared on both sides. Move off to perimeter where steak/chop can INDIRECTLY come up to preferred temp.

DIRECT EXAMPLE HERE

INDIRECT-DIRECT:*This is what I've been describing the method used for chicken (wings, legs, thighs). This all started in an effort to get fried-like skin on my chicken wings without using a fryer. I wanted to make the perfect wings on a grill. The Vortex creates enough heat that is directed upwards then radiates around the kettle, that the chicken around the perimeter can get fried-like skin without getting the burn marks that happen when grilling chicken wings directly. The heat increases enough to crisp skin without any direct flame application. Not unlike setting your fire off to one side of your kettle, the only difference with the Vortex would be an even amount of heat for every piece around the perimeter as opposed to the ones closest to the fire. No need for rotating or extra flipping,

INDIRECT-DIRECT EXAMPLE HERE
                                Thanks for putting this up Rich. I have one but have yet to use it. At least now I have the info at hand to do it up right.
                                Charbroil SFB
                                GOSM
                                MES
                                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X