Officially Out of Lurk Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officially Out of Lurk Mode

While I check the forum daily for all the great food and convo, it's been probably 2 years since I have smoked any food. Cook nearly every damn night but you could practically set your watch to my menus for the week.

Last weekend did some meatloaf, a chuck roast and some pork chops. Meatloaf was just my regular recipe. Chuck roast I used Gates Original Rub and the pork chops got some Rufus Teague. No pic of the chops but they fed me well for lunches this past week. Chuck was a little dry, I think my temp spike did not do it any favors but still tasty. And you just can't go wrong with smoked meatloaf.

chuck.jpg

meatloaf.jpg

Tonight i got a pork butt and a couple slabs of rib prepped to smoke tomorrow. No trimming on the ribs cuz I suck at it. I used Blues Hog on all of it. Never tried it before but liked the finger test!

butt.jpg

ribs.jpg

I'll be using lump charcoal with some hickory chunks. Will add as we go along tomorrow. Gonna have the ribs for dinner tomorrow night and the pulled pork I think will be on Wednesday night's menu

And just because I can, a pic of the youngest taking home some gold last weekend. This morning it was silver

sean930172.jpg

sean 93017.jpg

Welcome back Mrs. B....
    To you and your son
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Nice to have ya back. Ma’am :{) Well done!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Welcome back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Glad to see ya post!! Now don't leave us hanging with those ribs!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Mrs. B! We've missed yer face in the place! And a big congrats to the youngster!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

A bit of a late start, didn't get the butt on until 10;45 and the ribs I added about 12:30. Have had some difficulty keeping my temps up today. Lack of practice I suppose but not stressin' about it

So just over 2 hours on ribs and around 5 hours on butt. Just after the pic mopped with a thin mixture of apple juice, gates rub and bbq sauce a little vinegar and a little honey.

Current plan is no foiling at all and continue to mop with my concoction every 45 minutes or so.

in the smoke 1.jpg

Comment

4 hours.jpg

I think this was about 4 hours in on the ribs so just under 7 hours on butt.

sliced.jpg

Right at 5.5 hours for the ribs. Wiped out one slab for dinner served with red skillet potatoes and baked acorn squash. No side pics

butt oven.jpg

And then brought the butt in from smoker and gonna warp and finish in the oven. Poured the remaining juice of my apple juice mix in with at. Just waiting for it to go a bit longer so it can rest for at least an hour. So maybe no finished pics of that tonight

Comment

good to see ya posting and congrats on the lil' one..............
                  sigpic
                  it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Great return post
                    Jim

Comment

Looks real good!!
                      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                      Yoder YS640
                      Weber Genesis
                      Weber 18.5" Kettle