Frozen hamburger patties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen hamburger patties

This is probably obvious to most but i just figured it out so if it helps anyone then great. I used to just throw the frozen burgs right on the grill and cook the and they always suck for the most part, well compared to a fresh one so i just started thawing the before cooking and an they are 100 times better than when you cook them frozen, juicy just damn good, if you don't thaw them now you have to do it. Just leave them on counter for a little or micro defrost them.

Amen to this...... I am the grill guy for my wife's family get togethers & have been making them thaw out the frozen Costco Sirloin burgers before I will touch them...... Has kinda evolved into a little family joke (The picky cook who won't grill a frozen burger. )

Good Call
    sigpic

Comment

Just toss them in a ziploc bag and put them in some water in the sink they will thaw real quick that way.
      If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
      Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

My DIL brought a bunch of them here awhile back. I just don't care much for pre-formed burgers so made a cured/smoked beef sausage out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
          My DIL brought a bunch of them here awhile back. I just don't care much for pre-formed burgers so made a cured/smoked beef sausage out of them.
          Hehe. I don't care for them much either. Great idea.

I do make patties out of our ground venison. A 2/3-1/3 mix of venison/cheap ground beef. Use a Tupperware patty maker. They're great to keep on hand. Sometimes life is busy, sometimes you didn't take anything out of the freezer for dinner. Whatever the case, they're handy.

I've taken them right from the freezer to the grill, with no complaints. Thawed is better, though.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

I said I would never eat a crappy burger again after getting a grinder and having a fresh one for the first time but ohh well even unemployed i dont want to spend that much time grinding it that way so just wanted to say yes you can polish a turd!! even the cheap frozen pucks can taste pretty good if done up right

Comment

wonder why the frozen burgers taste so different ?? Were they dry or just didn't have the flavor?
              sigpic
              Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
              Great Out doors grill
              Brinkman verticle
              And one great UDS
              Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Originally posted by smokemania View Post
                wonder why the frozen burgers taste so different ?? Were they dry or just didn't have the flavor?
                well first of all freezing meat does not help it, it just isnt good for any meat but sometimes you just have to, as far as why frozen would be better to cook thawed is because it will take less time to cook (saving juices) and will cook more evenly and just ends up better. I only freeze chicken and ground beef if i can help it, i will never freeze a steak anymore, years ago i learned that steaks get ruined in the freezer.

Comment

Working...
                X