Prime rib roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime rib roast

Pulled a small roast out of the freezer the other day and let it thaw in the fridge. Little did I know it was going to feel like 104 out today. Oh well. Smoked it anyhow. Seasoned it with Montreal Seasoning and smoked it at 250 with oak and cherry. Also did some twice smoked potatoes to go with it.

Took the roast to 145 and then let it sit while the potatoes were back in the smoker.

The potatoes were a bit hit this time, nothing left and only two slices of the roast are left. The kids raved about both for once, last time they wouldn't eat the potatoes. Go figure.
    Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
    1 Maverick ET-73
    1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Well deserved go out for that Dawn...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Wow! That looks incredible!!
      Keith

Comment

Wow You tok it to 145? It looks much more on the rare side...Absolutely incredible! I would have some of that and the spuds too
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          Wow You tok it to 145? It looks much more on the rare side...Absolutely incredible! I would have some of that and the spuds too
          Not sure why the pic came out with a pink tint to it. I've taken pics with my phone before and they haven't been pink before.
          Dawn

Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
          1 Maverick ET-73
          1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

what a great lookin hunk of mouth waterin beef

wonderful meal
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Nice lookin meat you wouldn't be interested in sharing how you made those twice smoked potato would ya
              sigpic
              Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
              Great Out doors grill
              Brinkman verticle
              And one great UDS
              Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Originally posted by smokemania View Post
                Nice lookin meat you wouldn't be interested in sharing how you made those twice smoked potato would ya
                Sure, I'll share. Got the orginal recipe from Mikey. In a nutshell, you take some potatoes and oil, salt and pepper the skins. Throw them in the smoker until they're done. These were big potatoes and I cheated a bit, finished cooking them in the microwave before I stuffed them. Once they're done, scoop out the insides but make sure to leave enough that the skins don't tear. Mix the potatoe insides with sour cream (I used cream cheese), chives, salt and pepper. I added a bit of milk to thin it out a little being the cream cheese is thicker than sour cream. Put the mixture back in the potatoes and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Put potatoes back in smoker until heated through and cheese is melted.
                Dawn

Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
                1 Maverick ET-73
                1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

Originally posted by irishteabear View Post
                  Sure, I'll share. Got the orginal recipe from Mikey. In a nutshell, you take some potatoes and oil, salt and pepper the skins. Throw them in the smoker until they're done. These were big potatoes and I cheated a bit, finished cooking them in the microwave before I stuffed them. Once they're done, scoop out the insides but make sure to leave enough that the skins don't tear. Mix the potatoe insides with sour cream (I used cream cheese), chives, salt and pepper. I added a bit of milk to thin it out a little being the cream cheese is thicker than sour cream. Put the mixture back in the potatoes and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Put potatoes back in smoker until heated through and cheese is melted.
                  I got the original recipe from T-Bone Tim. The only things that I'd add to this is I used a melon baller to get the spud out of the skin without tearing it. When mixing up all the ingredients I added a bit of grated cheese and bacon bits to it and topped it off with additional cheese. You can add what ever suits you to it.
                  sigpic
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  New Braunfels Hondo
                  4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                  1-26" Weber Kettle
                  24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                  Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Originally posted by irishteabear View Post
                    Not sure why the pic came out with a pink tint to it. I've taken pics with my phone before and they haven't been pink before.
                    Kudos to ya for braving the heat & humility on this smoke. Looks absolutely marvelous. Must be a female phone hence the pink tint to the picks
                    sigpic
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    New Braunfels Hondo
                    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                    1-26" Weber Kettle
                    24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                    Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Working...
                    X