Smoked Mini Meatloaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Mini Meatloaves

I've been wanting to do this for about a week and the weather finally let me. I only had a 2 hour window of time to prepare dinner so I had to do some shortcuts, but it still came out really good. I have one kid sick at the moment so there were only 3 for dinner and there is less than half left. :) I have tried many meatloaf recipes over the years and this one is the one that my kids like :rolleyes: so this is the one I use.

Easy Pleasing Meatloaf
    from Kraft

2 lb. lean ground beef
    1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
    1 cup water
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce, divided

I substitute whatever brands I have on hand, usually Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

Set aside 1/4 c of the bbq sauce. Mix all remaining ingredients together. Top with the remaining sauce. You can either put it in a 13x9x2 pan or make mini meatloaves using a muffin tin. If you're putting it in the oven set it for 375 degrees for 1 hour for the big loaf or half an hour for the mini loaves. I made mini meatloaves and flattened them into patties for quicker cooking. I threw them in the smoker and smoked them for 1 3/4 hrs (the internal temp was 140), then finished them in a skillet due to lack of time.

I got the smoker heating while I made the meatloaf. The temp was set for 320 which is as high as it will get and also put in a pan of hot water to get it heated up even faster. I used mesquite. As soon as they were ready they went in the smoker. I pulled them out, shut the smoker off and finished them in the skillet to an internal temp of 160.

The last time I smoked meatloaf I made it into 2 loaves, threw one in the freezer and put the remaining one on a piece of foil, flattened it out a bit and smoked it for 3 hours at 320 which included the preheating time.

I also cheated and used a boxed scalloped potatoes mix. I opened the box and threw the dehydrated potato slices in a makeshift foil pan. They went in the smoker with the meat loaves. I pulled the potato slices out at 1 hour because I still had to make them.

Here are some mini meat loaves finished and ready to eat.

I did not get a chance to get a pic of the finished dinner, but it was delicious. You could definitely tell that the meat loaves and scalloped potatoes had been smoked. :D
    Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
    1 Maverick ET-73
    1 Green Thermapen

member #38

MMMMMMMMMMMM Looks great. Thanks for sharing.
    sigpic

Comment

Dawn,

those look great, I'm betting even yer sick child couldn't pass one of them up.

thanks for sharing

Comment

those do look good... seems like a sloppy joe patty...

sigpic

Comment

Fine lookin vittles dawn! Meatloaf becomin a favorite round here!
          sigpic

Comment

Nice looking mini's Dawn. Doing some tomorrow on the ecb. Wife loves them so she bought the fixings for them a couple days ago.

sigpic
            Brinkman SnP-w/mods
            ECB
            GOSM
            MES for sticks and sausage
            30 yr old Weber Kettle
            Brinkman gasser

Comment

Looks awesome Dawn,, Great job.. Im gonna steal that one from ya:D
              Mike
              Smokin' in Fla
              Go Gators
              My toys
              sigpic

Comment

Looking good Dawn................MARK..........make sure to take pics........never even THOUGHT about doing those again........its been awhile.......

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                  Looking good Dawn................MARK..........make sure to take pics........never even THOUGHT about doing those again........its been awhile.......
                  I'll take some pics. Gotta get the ecb dug out 1st. Gettin tired of using the gosm all the time. Should just dig out the SnP too while I'm at it.

sigpic
                  Brinkman SnP-w/mods
                  ECB
                  GOSM
                  MES for sticks and sausage
                  30 yr old Weber Kettle
                  Brinkman gasser

Comment

Working...
                  X