London Broil fer school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Broil fer school

The original directions for this assignment was for broiling in the oven, but in the fine print it said you could grill.

My Mise in Place for London Broil

Top left is a mini Mise in place for the marinade. Bottom right it is all mixed up and steeping.

Top Left, the meat is placed in the marinade. Top right, then flipped over to coat both sides. Bottom left, covered with plastic wrap for an overnight nap in the refrigerator. Bottom right, flipped over to marinate the other side for a few hours.

Top Left, The meat is on the grill to quick sear. Top Right flipped over to sear the other side, Bottom left, Flipped back over for a little bit more. Bottom right, the meat is moved to the side to cook slower.

Top Left, started heating the marinade to make a sauce and the temp when I put the meat back on the fire. Top Right, the meat is back on the fire to finish searing. Bottom left, out of the cooker to be wrapped in foil for a rest. Bottom right, the internal temp as the meat started resting.

Top Left, the finished sauce. Top Right, the meat out of rest and ready for carving. Bottom, the sliced meat.

My finished plate with some side vegetables and garnished with fresh parsley.

I choose to use the grill to help keep heat out of the house and for more flavor. The vegetables on the grill are the scraps from making Beef Stew with some Brussels Sprouts and potatoes added. They were cooked in olive oil, white wine and fresh spices.
    The meat was very tender, flavorful and juicy. The marinade carried flavors of the wine and spices throughout the meat. Not overpowering but a nice touch. The sauce was also very nice. A bit of tart from the lemon, wine and vinegar. Plus a nice spice tone to accent the meat.

That's the official version. In reality the meat was a little overdone for me but ya gotta follow the directions. Still it was real good!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Nice looking cook, great looking plate...
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Looks great!!.. I give it an A!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

This is the beef marinade.
        INGREDIENTS:
        4 sprigs Parsley
        4 sprigs Thyme
        2 Shallots
        2 cloves Garlic
        4 oz. Olive Oil
        4 oz. Balsamic Vinegar or 4 oz red wine
        1 Tbsp Lemon Juice

It was good.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Nice job there chef ! Nice looking piece of meat and nice marinade recipe.

Brinkmann Smokin' Pit Deluxe: heavy gauge, modified
          Weber 22.5 Gold
          Weber Smokie Joe

"Racing Cars and Smokin' Q, what else is there to do ?"

Comment

I hear you no longer have to cook to the school's specs? ;{)

Wonderful, Chef Mark!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Very nice Mark!

Comment

Looks Great Mark
                sigpic

Comment

A few years ago, I would have said that was perfect. These days, I like it a bit more rare. Hehe. Gotta do what ya gotta do. You'll make a fine chef.

With that said, the marinade sounds great. Thanks for sharing. Hope ya got a good grade on it.
                  S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                  CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                    A few years ago, I would have said that was perfect. These days, I like it a bit more rare. Hehe. Gotta do what ya gotta do. You'll make a fine chef.

With that said, the marinade sounds great. Thanks for sharing. Hope ya got a good grade on it.
                    Thanks RR, a perfect score. The shrimp were from another assignment, no one else thinks to combine them.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

That looks most excellent:thumbup: I think your plated pic is smiling at me!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
                      22" Weber Gold
                      26" Weber
                      BGE XL
                      MES40
                      Meadow Creek TS120 with BBQ42 Chicken cooker
                      sigpic

Comment

pass a plate this way my friend
                        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X