No announcement yet.

Tri (the mythical meat) Tip in Florida using the Vortex and other stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dawg gone it Mark.... i think i will be the last to cook the mythical meat. i am starting to think i would have a better chance at finding unicorn steaks

well brother there is only one way this ends. for that fine lookin meal
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
      dawg gone it Mark.... i think i will be the last to cook the mythical meat. i am starting to think i would have a better chance at finding unicorn steaks

well brother there is only one way this ends. for that fine lookin meal
      Sorry bout that Marcus (NOT), only by chance and an afterthought question. Try asking in the/a butcher shop. It's worth a little extree to try, really good flavor!
      Rich you right onit bout the vortex, they cool. Really adds another dimension to a kettle. TD it's a keeper!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks great!!!!
        Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you only have today!

Comment

I am going to go buy 5 tri-tips and just throw 4 of them away they are so common.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
            I am going to go buy 5 tri-tips and just throw 4 of them away they are so common.
            How's yer arm? Toss them toward Lake Orion, MI...
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks and sounds delicious, Mark. Nowhere does it say what you thought of it. Was it worth it? Or just another piece of beef?
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                Looks and sounds delicious, Mark. Nowhere does it say what you thought of it. Was it worth it? Or just another piece of beef?
                Mark is a little wrapped up in execution and technicalities I figger... he's now a chef, and needs to sit down again and eat

I don't know about you folks..but it's not unusual for me to finish a fair sized cook..and just..not be hungry. Sampling... constant food exposure, nerves... etc.

And the smoke thing... I think it kilters one's taste buds..or nose at least - a huge part of taste.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  I don't know about you folks..but it's not unusual for me to finish a fair sized cook..and just..not be hungry. Sampling... constant food exposure, nerves... etc.

And the smoke thing... I think it kilters one's taste buds..or nose at least - a huge part of taste.
                  Pete
                  Large BGE
                  Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                    Jeez, I did ferget a couple things. The sauce on the TT is a reduction from the marinade and it was DAMN GOOD! Really tasty meat, got a little chew to it but not bad chew! Really tasty!
                    I still have two more, but I be on the watch fer more now!
                    The salad was segmented orange and lime with sliced avocado, just in the orange and lime juice from the "cores". Real nice, fresh and bright.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Yay! Mark found tri-tip!! Looks great my brutha. I bet your Costco does have them. It's $50 a year for a membership. I kinda cringe at that, but I buy a lot of meat there so it's worth it I suppose. Don't get your hopes up for $3.99 a lb. though. When I first started buying them they were $8.59 a lb. but have come down to $6 and some change. Maybe soon they will drop again. Great looking plate sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                        It's $50 a year for a membership.
                        Well, if your Costco is anything like ours, it's well worth it, and ours doesn't even carry tri-tips!
                        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                          Jeez, I did ferget a couple things. The sauce on the TT is a reduction from the marinade and it was DAMN GOOD! Really tasty meat, got a little chew to it but not bad chew! Really tasty!
                          I still have two more, but I be on the watch fer more now!
                          The salad was segmented orange and lime with sliced avocado, just in the orange and lime juice from the "cores". Real nice, fresh and bright.
                          Awesome. Glad you got to try it. Well worth watching for.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Hey Mark, I apparently didn't receive my invite for dinner, I guess it got lost in the mail.

Great looking TT, they are my favorite cut of meat, there's a place outside of Bradenton in Oneco that sells fresh cut tri-tip. I may be heading down that way next week or the week after. I know you have a few on hand now, but if you're interested in me getting you one just lmk and we can figure it out from there.

BTW, your dinner looked fantastic.
                            * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Brinkmann Smokin' Pit Deluxe: heavy gauge, modified
                            Weber 22.5 Gold
                            Weber Smokie Joe

"Racing Cars and Smokin' Q, what else is there to do ?"

Comment

Originally posted by solar View Post
                              Hey Mark, I apparently didn't receive my invite for dinner, I guess it got lost in the mail.

Great looking TT, they are my favorite cut of meat, there's a place outside of Bradenton in Oneco that sells fresh cut tri-tip. I may be heading down that way next week or the week after. I know you have a few on hand now, but if you're interested in me getting you one just lmk and we can figure it out from there.

BTW, your dinner looked fantastic.
                              Could you PM me the name or address? I still have a couple but I will be looking again soon.
                              Mark
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                                Could you PM me the name or address? I still have a couple but I will be looking again soon.
                                FYI, I sent you a PM but it doesn't show up on the "sent pm" file. I've sent you a PM before, and I'm not sure you got it, maybe your PM accept thing is shut off ?
                                * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Brinkmann Smokin' Pit Deluxe: heavy gauge, modified
                                Weber 22.5 Gold
                                Weber Smokie Joe

"Racing Cars and Smokin' Q, what else is there to do ?"

Comment

Working...
                                X